God wills us to pray in order to develop an incredible fellowship with Him. In fact, we are all wired for this. Why pray? As St. Augustine once said, “You have made us for Yourself; and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in you.“
Contemporary man has rediscovered the sacred, even if he does not always know how to identify it. Is man truly capable of knowing something beyond what he sees with his eyes or hears with his ears?
Man recognizes himself as an ethical being, capable of acting according to criteria of good and evil, and not only those of profit and pleasure. He also recognizes himself as a spiritual being, capable of putting himself in contact with God.
Prayer is the first verification of such a reality. That is how a conversation begins with your Creator.
Of course, there are those who say “I believe in Jesus Christ”, but they don’t affect the way they live. The answer is not that we now have to add hard work to our faith; rather, we haven’t truly understood or believed in Jesus at all.
Try reading Psalm 23 for three weeks. It begins with, “The Lord is my Shepherd… ” and ends with, “I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” You will notice the difference. This is a prayer of affirmation — not a prayer of petition, asking for favors. It will move you so much, that you will want to make it part of your daily spiritual life from now on.
Have you ever directed your prayers inwardly rather than outwardly to the God -in-the-sky?
“Pray as if you were to die tomorrow.” Benjamin Franklin
Most of our lives our prayers lack genuine honesty and depth or passion. We sometimes pray in an automated mode.
“And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. ” Matthew 6:7-8
The Psalms are a supreme way of real praying. They help us fulfill a longing for a contact with the Divine Will of God– filled with honesty and flowing from the very core of our being. The ultimate goal is to feel totally one with everything — liberated and enlightened with your Divine Creator. This is the goal of all major faiths in the world: a union with God and all creation.
All the faiths, with the exception of Buddhism, teach that there is a God who is not a “Person” who has created the cosmos. It is possible to know and experience this personal Spiritual Source and it is our entire purpose in life to do so. These similarities are astounding even though there are differences: St. Paul’s idea of God-union was different from all other faiths: he insisted that Christ was the sole mediator of union with God. Our goal of being one with the Creator goes further: we ultimately all wish to share in the final bliss called heaven as fellow-heirs with God Himself, whom we will meet face to face.
While praying for others, imagine God’s Light of pure love surrounding your friend or relative — dazzling and protective. Visualize how he or she is being raised up and held by you in the light — asking for his or her health to be restored. If you yourself are suffering from fear or anxiety, you can also visualize how God’s power and strength are with you while you pray with eyes of faith knowing that there are forces of energy on your side at those moments. You eventually come to the realization that you are forced to ” let go and let God” because it is too much for you. “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” Timothy 1:7
Looking back at your life, you will acknowledge how any apparent evil has become good. Even better, “What am I most thankful to God for at this exact moment in time?”
Let us not forget the prayers of praise and thanksgiving. If you forget about your own Creator, you will quickly replace Him with a host of other forms of worship: sports, sex, electronic devices, etc.
One prays with the body as well as with the soul — whether it is on your knees or with raised hands. The act of chanting or singing stimulates glands and organs of your body.
“Teach us to pray”
Here is what St. Augustine said about teaching us to pray:
My brethren, do you imagine God is ignorant of what you need? He who knows our distress foreknows our desires also. That is why, in teaching them the Our Father, the Lord counseled his disciples not to use many words: “When you pray, do not keep babbling because your Father knows what you need before you ask him” Matthew 6, 7-8. If our Father already knows what we need, why tell him about it even in few words?… If you know about it, Lord, do we even need to pray?
However, he who says to us here: “Do not use many words in your prayers” says to us elsewhere: “Ask and you will receive”, and so that we don’t think this is said casually, he adds: “Seek and you will find”, and so that we don’t think this to be a mere figure of speech, see how he concludes: “Knock and it will be opened to you” Matthew 7,7
So what he wants is for you to begin by asking so as to receive, to set yourself to seeking in order to find and not to stop knocking so as to enter in the end… Why ask? Why seek? Why knock? Why weary ourselves with praying, seeking, knocking as though we had to inform him who already knows it all? We even read elsewhere: “Pray always without becoming weary” Luke 18,1
Well, to clear up this mystery, ask, seek, knock! If He disguises this mystery it is because He wants to move you to seek and find the explanation for yourself. We should all encourage ourselves to pray.
JESUS WISHES TO SPEAK TO YOU.
We Live in your Hearts if you Open them to us.
“I love you.
My dear friend, yes we live in your heart if you open them to us. Is there a greater gift than to receive your God in your heart? We love you and make our home in you. It is my joy to come and live in you.
All you need to do is to invite us in and repent of all your sins. Believe the words of the Gospel of John concerning this teaching which is called the Indwelling.
Come often to join us in your heart by praise and adoration. If you are joined with us, We will give you the great gift of peace. Your heart will be that little corner of heaven where joy will reign always.
If you truly love Me, you would be faithful to Me every day. My friends do not compromise with what is opposed to Me. Get rid of all doubts and accept Me with all your heart. If your heart is divided, you cannot advance and My grace in you is useless. May your faith be strong to believe that I am alive and that I love you.
Commit your whole life to Me and you will live in the power of the Holy Spirit. Be constant in prayer so that our relationship may grow and you will live in the light. I cherish all My faithful friends for I know I can count on them to carry out My will. They will not run away when it is difficult but they will rely on My grace to live through these difficult days.
Be on the watch though for temptations so that you do not fall into sin. Remain close to the Father, the Holy Spirit and me. In heaven, you will be perfectly united with us forever.
Today be a home for Us and show Us your love. We bless you with our love.”
The above messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
Fr. Melvin Doucette was ordained to the priesthood on and joined the Missionaries of Africa for 29 years in Africa. In contemplative prayer every morning, Fr. Doucette receives by interior locution “messages from heaven” to share with the public.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com