DEPRESSION SOLVED BY DELIVERANCE
We are products of our past; we don’t have to be prisoners of it.
Deliverance from Depression: is it really a mental illness or is it a kind of evil spirit? The Christian is suppose to experience peace and joy, but the depressed person cannot. The depressed persons have problems believing that God loves them; they withdraw from community support and they are in a continued state of anxiety. They are completely overcome by evil. This is not of God’s will. One of the symptoms of depression is one’s experience that no one has been able to help; that even God does not care.
There are times that depression is a demon. And Saul’s servants said to him, “Behold now, an evil spirit from God is afflicting you.” 1 Samuel 16:14-23
COMPLAINING IS SELF-PERPETUATING
You may find yourself complaining about a whole host of things: impoliteness, rejection and negligence. This spins you into an endless cycle of self-rejection. This leaves you feeling like you are the most misunderstood, rejected, neglected and despised person in the world. This complaining is self-perpetuating.
You are a complainer and you are hard to live with. Often the complaints lead to further self-rejection. You probably have tried very hard to heal yourself from your complaints and failed … and failed … and failed, until you realize that you can only be healed from Above. “With man this is impossible, with God, everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26 Henri Nouwen
WHAT IS DELIVERANCE?
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. We are told to “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Peter 5:8,9
All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ:” When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, ‘Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!’” Luke 10:17
DO YOU NEED DELIVERANCE?
To determine if you are in need of deliverance, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you continually argumentative or contrary–usually on the verge of anger?
- Are you violating, neglecting or causing pain in a relationship?
- Are you practicing sin and can’t seem to stop?
- Do you see a pattern of issues in your family, whether disease, poverty, anger, divorce, sexual perversion or other issues?
- You are sick all the time and the doctors find nothing wrong. You could be dealing with a spirit of infirmity?
- Are you having “spiritual” encounters, including recurring dreams/nightmares that you leave you fearful?
- Do you sometimes sense that the problem isn’t you, but rather something in you?
- Are you attracted to the occult. , e.g. Ouija Boards, Seance, Fortune Telling, Horoscopes, Hypnosis etc, or Witchcraft?
- Have you experienced traumatic events that have impacted your life negatively?
- Do you keep hitting the same wall.
The enemy’s number one area of attack is the mind. The demons will put negative or even perverse thoughts on your mind to make you believe that they are your thoughts. When people fall to complaining and fussing and feeling sorry for themselves, they lay themselves open to any danger of an invitation to evil spirits. Continue reading DELIVERANCE FROM DEPRESSION