Ezekiel 38 proves God’s plan is happening NOW!!!!
We observe the development of the nation of Israel from a barren land, to a productive land, developed by and innovative people. Life expectancy, GDP, productivity is amazing for a country of only 8 million people. Their military prowess and technology leads the world. Bible prophecy clearly demonstrates through scriptures such as “Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads.” Ezekiel 38, which describes the events and build up of Israel.
Yet, this will be an attraction to an invading force. This will proceed the great day of battle – the battle of Armageddon!!
Think about the years immediately preceding that time and all the great suffering that Israel had endured These immigrant Jews were quite a ragtag group of people; they had endured in mainland Europe under the hand of God and they not only defended themselves but they secured their borders time and again against attack. Israel, as a punished, scattered and persecuted nation, preserved and came back to the Land of Israel.
God knows that Israel is a special place and He knows that this is His plan. This is remarkable proof and evidence that God is at work and God’s purpose is still being fulfilled amongst the nations even today: “On the day I chose Israel, I swore with uplifted hand to the descendants of Jacob and revealed myself to them in Egypt. With uplifted hand I said to them, “I am the Lord your God.” Ezekiel 20:5
“The Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1
Secular or Zionist Israel is a population in absolute opposition to God, in complete disregard to God and his ways: “Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees.” Isaiah 10:1
Despite all the blessings which God has put on them, Israelites are still refusing to be a people full of God. Regrettably they became full of themselves and there is also arrogance and superiority amongst the people who should have known better even they have done remarkable things: “But I will make you as unyielding and hardened as they are.” Ezekiel 3:8
And God, some 2500 years ago through Ezekiel 38 was foretelling that a military attack is precisely what is going to happen in world history.
What nations will be involved in the military attack against Israel predicted in Ezekiel 38?
Five of those nations are named by God in Ezekiel 38:5,6
- In verse 5 the first nation was Persia. Now, that’s what Persia was known as in Ezekiel’s day, but modern-day Persia is the nation of Iran.
- The second nation named in verse 5 is Ethiopia. The nation known as Ethiopia in Ezekiel’s day is the nation that we know today as the Sudan. Sudan right now, again, is dominated and ruled by a radical Muslim government that hates Israel with a passion and wants to see it destroyed.
- The third nation named in verse 5 is Libya. Libya is located due west of Egypt in North Africa. And you know what’s been going on in Libya, which is anti-American, but even more strongly anti-Israel. The Muslim extremists would like to see Israel destroyed.
- The fourth nation named in verse 6 was Gomer. In Ezekiel’s day, Gomer was a tribal group of people who were located in the central part of Turkey. In the not too distant future, the domination by a radical Muslim element in Turkey will turn against Israel and want to see it annihilated. It’s interesting to note that every one of the above nations named here today is Islamic.
- Now, there is another nation named and interestingly this one is singled out as the leader of this future military attack against Israel. God says this attack against Israel will be in the latter days, but He is saying the leader of this attack will come from the remotest parts of the north. The land of Magog in Ezekiel’s day was located in between the Black and Caspian Seas in the southern part of what we have known historically as Russia or the Soviet Union. If one would head due north from Israel, a traveler would find themselves in Russia, with Moscow being almost a straight line due north from Jerusalem.
So Russia will be allied with several Islamic nations who hate Israel with a passion. Some of the players are already in the Middle East including Turkey and Russia who are now involved in Syria.