Healing was essential to the ministry of Jesus because healing offered indisputable evidence that He is the Christ of God: ”Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples … these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.” John 21:30-31
Does Jesus still perform miracles today? Do you know someone who has been healed or whose life has been transformed by a relationship with Christ? Then you have seen a modern-day miracle of Jesus. You, too, can be an eyewitness to a miracle of Christ.
All ministers, priests or religious have healing powers. Most don’t have the faith that is needed to use it. There are two provisos: our saintly priest or religious must be born again and he must be following Jesus’ Great Commission: (Jesus) said to them, “Go into all the world … In My name they will drive out demons; … they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Mark 16:15,17,18
This is what happened to Father Fernando Suarez, a Filipino Catholic priest, who now performs faith healing in the Philippines and elsewhere. His missionary ministry came to Ottawa Canada from the Philippines. All his associates from his order, the Companions of the Cross, were dumbfounded by his gift of healing. He was simply following the Great Commission even though it was acted out in reverse: missionary work from the Philippines to Canada.
A HEALING STORY OF A PRIEST
Here is a story from a priest who did not believe he had the power until he was confronted by a very sick lady. She asked for healing. He blessed her and ran away.
Later that week he overheard from strangers that a lady with terminal cancer was miraculously healed by another priest. In a similar way, this priest had also first run away after he blessed the individual.
Our priest friend changed his mind on the matter. He began to understand that sometimes healing occurs at the most importune of times.
PREPARATION: “Daily” Prayer to the Holy Spirit:
Lord, I love You. Lord, I believe in You. Lord, I trust You.
I praise you and thank you for everything just the way it is.
I ask my dearest Holy Spirit to shower upon me all Your gifts and graces:
- Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding
- Strength and Courage
- Discernment and Deliverance
- Water *and Healing
- Direction and Perception
Make me sensitive to any divine appointment that You have aligned for me today.
Bring on all Your ministering angels –all for Your glory.
Thank you, Lord.
* My personal mission is water and electricity (the HUG).
I AM WAITING FOR YOU TO GIVE ME THE ORDER.
Many ask and keep on asking and nothing ever happens. They lowered the net, but they haven’t caught anything yet.
Self-confidence may be empty, but humility is fertile. “But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” Luke 5:5
Those who had not caught anything until then, now, at the Lord’s voice, they caught an enormous amount of fish. Afterwards, Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching men.” Luke 5:10
FAITH is not FEELINGS.
Healing is a present promise of God that one appropriates by faith.
God, who can read hearts, knows intimately which of His children is best suited to be healers. God will tell them which person He wants them to go to (by divine appointment), but first they must be available.
Usually this gift of healing from God is given to those who do evangelical or missionary work and are born again. The missionary must be given the tools or gifts in order to do the necessary healing.
IF — THE BADGE OF DOUBT
A faith healer will sometimes make a simple mistake and say to the person being healed, “See if you can stoop over and bend your back”. “See if you can”: that is doubt. The healing is done by faith and faith alone. No matter who you are, if you move in unbelief, you will stop the flow of God’s power.
Are there any physical signs to know you are being healed?
Father Francis MacNutt stated in his book Healing that “Some people experience the same electrical transfer of power, sometimes a like a gentle electric current, sometimes like a flow of warmth. Whatever it is, it is sometimes connected with healing. It is almost like a transfer of life”. (182)
The first way of appropriating faith is the laying on of hands by the faith healer. Immediately after prayers the healer will usually ask one to check out the healing by doing something that one was not able to do before.
If there are little sign of healing, a Prayer of Deliverance is needed in order to eliminate any obstacles.
An accompanying prayer of deliverance usually results with a feeling of a complete sense of peace. This gives assurance that God is working.
There are obstacles to healing that will need a prayer of deliverance, for example,
- Individuals have refused to forgive others, and they are deeply ingrained in sin.
- There may be childhood scars that need healing.
One must get to the root cause of the problem before the faith can be appropriated for healing. The Holy Spirit can show a person directly or indirectly through the lenses of others.
Deliverance does not imply possession of one’s faculties, an aspect of demonic possession. Christians are still liable to demonic influence .that comes about by an opening, e.g. entertaining ungodly or superstitious beliefs. Deliverance enables God to bring freedom from bondage, oppression, hardship, or domination by evil.
God in his wisdom has made deliverance a simple act of faith and will: “ that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth” Philippians 2:10. The SINLESS person praying for deliverance commands an evil spirit defined by its function to leave and never return without manifestation in the Name of Jesus Christ, Our Lord and go to the abyss. This command is repeated for every spirit as illustrated in the prayer below.
Usually 80% of the healing takes place immediately. The complete healing will take place over a reasonable short time, but this requires homework: the one being healed must praise and thank God every day or whenever he or she thinks about it until the complete healing has taken place. The prayer below is invaluable. It answers the question of how long will this healing last.
PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING:
To be said daily and whenever you think about it until all the healing is complete:
Lord, I thank You and I praise you for Your healing.
or a shorter 7 word Breathe Prayer:
Lord, I thank You and praise you.
These messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com