THE SEARCH FOR NOAH’S FLOOD
There is overwhelming geological evidence that a global flood, as depicted in the story of Noah in the biblical book of Genesis, could have happened.
The story of Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood is one of the most famous from the Bible, and underwater archaeologists think they have found proof that the biblical flood was actually based on real events.
The first book of the Bible, the book of Genesis, chapters 6 to 8, tells about a great world-wide flood. Such a major universal flood would surely leave much evidence.
- V-shaped valleys and river deltas suggest a recent (ca. 3000 BC) flood.
- All written history begins ca. 3000 BC.
- Foundations of cities began then, families of mankind began then and genealogies date back then.
- A rock is dated solely by its fossils, not by rough estimates of millions of years.
- Carbon dating, with C14, is not useful in dating before 5000 BC according to the discoverer of the method.
It is clear from the biblical account that there was a universal flood about 3000 BC. The biblical account did not derive from other literature. It is eyewitness testimony.
WHY GOD SENT THE FLOOD
The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.” . . . God looked on the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth. Then God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me; for the earth is filled with violence because of them; and, behold, I am about to destroy them with the earth” Genesis 6:7–13
WAS THE FLOOD OF NOAH GLOBAL OR LOCAL IN EXTENT?
“The waters prevailed, and greatly increased on the earth. . . . And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. . . . and the mountains were covered.” Genesis 7:18,19 Continue reading THE BIBLE & SCIENCE ALIGN