HEALING – AS JESUS TAUGHT IT
Is supernatural evangelism by healing biblical? Jesus did not rely on words alone to convince people as to who he was. Many times he said that if they did not believe His words then they should believe because of His miracles:“I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in My Father’s name speak for Me” John 10:25
When Jesus appeared to His disciples, He gave them the Great Commission: “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. And these signs shall follow them that believe; in My name shall they cast out devils …they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:15, 18 Jesus also said: “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in Me will do what I have been doing”. John 14:12
We fail to do it the Jesus way because we are afraid of failure and embarrassment, which is natural. Remember all of the direction given in the Last Great Commission: It includes a missionary effort.
While on mission, you simply cannot say hello, I wish you well and goodbye. God knows that you must have the tools that you need to make a difference. Those who have dedicated themselves to become Christian Lay Missionaries discover that the Holy Spirit has endowed them with the gift of healing. This gift does not disappear when you come back home: it is real and immediate healing.
In the book of Acts the apostles continually declared that people were healed in the Name of Jesus. Physical healing, miracles, and gifts of the Spirit were regular occurrences as the early Christians engaged in evangelism. This was consistent with the life and ministry of Jesus, and it illustrated His promise that “these signs will accompany those who believe.” Mark 16:17
It is because all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus that infirmities and demons have to go. His authority has been invested in us. The healing was done by the power of the Holy Spirit in the Name of Jesus Christ working through a human agent. In the case of demons, Jesus normally commanded them to go, in the same way as He commanded infirmities.
A PRAYER OF DELIVERANCE
A prayer of deliverance commands any evil spirits influencing someone to leave and never return and to go to Jesus Christ who will dispose of them according to His will.
These spirits are very legalistic and they must be identified by their function. For example, the spirit of generational sins, defects and disorders are identified and must leave, that influence those over four generations for which they are innocent. The Bible says that children are punished for the sins of their fathers “to the third and fourth generation” Exodus.20:5. The children of alcoholic fathers frequently suffer neglect and abuse as a direct consequence of their father’s sinful behavior. Moreover, the descendants of those who hate God are likely to follow in the footsteps of their forefathers.
Paul makes it clear that spiritual gifts are given by the Holy Spirit to build up the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:7-31 normally accompanied by the laying on of hands. But there is a second direction:”in My name shall they cast out devils”. Mark 16: 17
Let’s look at the actions of Peter and John:
- They were doing a normal activity—the miracle happened outside the church.
- They took notice of the man and spoke to him. They took the initiative to offer healing.
- They weren’t side-tracked by the initial need of money.
- They gave what they had—The Word of God and the power of the name of Jesus.
- They spoke with authority.
HEALING GIVE EVANGELISM OPPORTUNITIES
The Church has a mission, not a maintenance schedule. You and I are the hands and feet of God. You mission is important and it involves the whole Body of Christ.
Why don’t we try to reach the lost using the Jesus way?
The power and authority of Jesus to heal through nameless believers is the same today in the 21st Century as it was when He walked on the Earth 2,000 years ago. In God’s sovereignty, a physical healing is used as trigger event, a catalyst that leads to lots of evangelism conversations. You will find nothing in the Scriptures to suggest that such miraculous gifts have ceased.
DOING IT JESUS’ WAY BRINGS UNITY
When we evangelize the Jesus way we find the body of Christ united, since all Christian religions are on a common ground that is biblical. As believers we are called into one body, the body of Christ Jesus. We are to strive for unity among ourselves in all things. Unity is the state of being one or single of minded. There should be no divisions or arguments among us. “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1. This is because there is power in the unified body of Christ Jesus. Look at what happened on the day of Pentecost. The Bible says that the disciples were all together in one accord.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.