Pornography drives a man to value a woman only for what she gives him rather than for the person she is: it unfairly and unjustly silences and subordinates women. Some guys will wave this off, saying, “Boys will be boys,” or “I’m just appreciating the beauty of womanhood”. “I am not a sexaholic!”
The pervasiveness of porn is reflective from the statistics: 68% of men and around 30% of women that go to church struggle with porn on a regular basis. When you consider that 56% of divorce cases cite porn as being a contributing factor in the break up, you begin to realize the devastating effect that this problem is causing.
Pornography produces its powerful negative effects: it weakens and emasculates men, degrades women, destroys marriages, and offends the Lord. It is impossible to love a fantasy, but living in a world of fantasy allows a guy to escape from reality and evade the demands of authentic love. Pornography gradually cripples a man’s ability to love.
U.S. News & World Report claimed that the pornography industry grossed roughly $8 billion in 1997. Last year 630 million “adult” videos were rented in the United States.
Moreover, the Internet is the cheapest, fastest, and most anonymous pornography source. Internet pornographers made over $1 billion in revenues dealing their merchandise on-line. Seventy percent (70%) of children viewing pornography on the Internet do so in public schools and libraries (The Internet Online Summit, 1997). Whoops!
HISTORY OF PORNOGRAPHY
In the early stages, consuming pornography meant buying a magazine or watching a film in a peep show booth, in an out of the way, ‘adult store,’ which are now long gone. The so called ‘golden age’ of pornography of the 70’s and early 80’s is long gone with its adult movies.
In its place comes the Internet with sites such as “Pornhubb”, which alone in 2015 had SEVENTY EIGHT BILLION page views! We repeat: 78, 000,0000! According to CNBC, seventy percent of American on line porn access occurs during the nine-to-five workday (and some companies wonder why productivity is dropping!)
WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF PORNOGRAPHY?
Dr. Victor Cline (1996) posited four progressive effects of pornography:
(1) Addiction, where the need to view pornographic materials leads to a loss of free control over behavior;
(2) Escalation, where the person delves into progressively harder pornography, usually to attain the same level of sensation and arousal;
(3) Desensitization, whereby the user is no longer morally sensitive to the shocking, repulsive, perverted, or immoral quality of the material, but instead views it as acceptable and begins to look upon others as objects; and
(4) Acting out, where the fantasizing becomes overt behavior. This includes normalized aggression towards women in sexual and other interpersonal encounters. Pornography kills love!
The issue of sexual addiction is catching society unawares. All around us marriages are beginning to fall apart; husbands are getting caught with pornography, in affairs, and visiting prostitutes.
On a more serious note, there is a proven direct correlation exists between crimes of rape, child abuse, and the physical abuse of a spouse, and the proliferation of pornographic materials in a community (Uniform Crime Report, 1990). One out of every six persons in our federal and state prisons is a sex offender, and sex crimes are second only to drug crimes.
What is the basis for Jesus’ position on pornography?
“But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery in his heart”. Matthew 5:27-28
- Pornography offends against the virtue of chastity: each Christian must respect the sanctity of his own human sexuality. In marriage, the conjugal act ought to express that faithful, permanent, exclusive, self-giving, and life-giving love between husband and wife.
- Pornography immerses oneself in a fantasy world, withdrawing from reality. While genuine love always involves a self-giving of oneself for the good of others, pornography entices a person to withdraw into a selfish world of perverted fantasy which may later be acted out to the detriment of oneself and others. This problem has increased dramatically, since the Internet offers “virtual reality” sexual interaction.
- Pornography exploits oneself or exploits others in some way for personal pleasure or gain.
A young man hopes that once he is married, the desires for illicit sexual arousal will subside. But what becomes of his lust once he marries her? It does not disappear; it is foisted upon his wife. The pornography has trained him to react to the sexual value of a woman, and nothing else. He has trained himself to believe that women should be physically flawless and constantly sexually accessible. Even if he rejects this intellectually, the fact remains that his attractions and responses have been conditioned and shaped by warped, pornography-inspired fantasies.
The Cycle of Pornography or the Cycle of Temptation
“Each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.” James 1: 14, 15
It all starts in the strength of an over-desire that leads into enticement. Many of these desires lead us into a fantasy world looking for some form of relationship. In the fantasy world we are “admired and respected” by beautiful models. We may be looking for a form of refuge from the stresses of life where nothing is asked of you. We may wish to be rewarded or recognized.
Sexual Triggers, such as an attractive person of sex on the computer, start the process. Some triggers are not so obvious such as boredom or stress. This leads to enticement (the first tempting thought), which might be accompanied by an emotion such as frustration
Then there comes a state of conception when desire becomes action, which could be ritual or habitual. You convince yourself that what you are doing is “no big deal”. You are just going to see what is new on line. Then you get closer and closer to indulging yourself (“the birth of sin”).
After this, the sin grows stronger. You get depressing thoughts such as, “there is no use in resisting this”. After we give in to temptation over and over again and moral brakes become weaker and weaker.
For many men and women who deeply struggle with sexual sin, a feeling of shame clings to them like a wet blanket and often become the biggest barrier against seeking help.
Finally we end up with the wages of sin: death is the consequence of sin. Yet, death isn’t the final stop of life; you still have an immortal soul that can suffer in hell or enjoy heaven: the all-satisfying beauties of Christ can be lost forever in the bondage of lust. Or they can be enjoyed forever in the purity of heart.
Why would I chase something that lasts a moment, when God is eternity and is the truth, Why would I sneak a peak for a moment, look at a woman lustfully for a second, it doesn’t last.
WHAT TO DO?
For those who have severe problems in breaking a habit of engaging in pornography or for those who are addicted, Sexaholics Anonymous is one answer to breaking their addiction: sex with self, promiscuity, pornography, adultery, unhealthy relationships, and erotic fantasy. Like most self-help programs, Sex Addicts Anonymous involves a twelve-step program.
PRAYER OF DELIVERANCE
The deliverance ministry should not be overlooked because JESUS CHRIST himself preached and demonstrated deliverance by casting out demons and healing the sick and delivering all who were oppressed of the devil.
(In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command all evil spirits influencing you now, as you read this, to be quiet and not to give you any evil thoughts. This I command in the Name of Jesus.)
Your Christian friend who is sinless can command these spirits to go back where they came from (the abyss) to be soon replaced with the Love of our Lord.
The short form is “In the name of Our Lord Jesus, I bind and deliver the evil spirits of lust and pornography and I command them to go to the abyss.” The remaining spirits are also delivered in the same manner as listed below.
The following prayer can be done together: the person to be delivered must also pray silently during the Prayer of Deliverance: “Come, Holy Spirit, Come” or “Come, Lord Jesus, Come” silently.
The void that takes place brings a complete sense of peace, and you will now be free in Jesus. If you don’t believe this, try it and see for yourself. You will definitely know after the prayer of deliverance that a physical change has taken place.
The person delivered must now thank God for the spiritual healing every day until the total deliverance has taken place and to thank Him whenever he or she thinks about it and a minimum of once daily.
“Lord Jesus, I praise You and thank You for my healing and deliverance. Thank you Lord Jesus.”
The delivered person does not want to ever go back to the ever pervading influence of evil spirits. It is very important to connect with a Bible-oriented church. One must soak oneself in God’s love by reading the Bible: the short gospel of Luke for beginners and later the gospels of John.
This same prayer of deliverance can be used to exhort evil influences on members of your family by name in the same manner with you as the intercessor and with your prayerful Christian. They should be made aware of your prayer as a gentle mention that you have prayed for them so they can become more sensitized to God’s Love.
Print and sign and keep in your wallet.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to Luke and then John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com