MARRIAGE UNDER STRESS
Marriage is under considerable stress as reflected by the divorce statistics. Today, the family has less support from close relatives living with or near them, because today’s family unit tends to be more self-contained. Husbands and wives tax each other to satisfy each other’s emotional needs. Couples simply do not expect so much from each other. Yet, the couples tend to be more disappointed when the marriage is less than idyllic as they had hoped. Children are very affected by this when they see the only human relationship that they know, fall apart.
The process of achieving independence for the children is not easy. Many parents seem to lack the insight or patience to help their children bring their own personality into the light of the day.
SAVE A MARRIAGE
In his candid first book, “The All-or-Nothing Marriage”, Mr Finkel examines both how he and his wife survived the worst, and how other couples might do the same.
He argues that high expectations for a marriage greatly benefit a couple when times are good, but are counterproductive when times are tough. Mr Finkel and his wife made it through their own emotional rough weather by lowering expectations for a few years. Couples with high expectations are almost twice as happy during easier times as couples with lower expectations—but they are also almost twice as unhappy during hard times.
Overall, people today want their marriages to provide everything. Perhaps seeking friends who provide something the spouse cannot is a solution, like a love of dancing or debate.
No amount of intimacy and sex is going to fix the fact that you want different things – someone or both will end up being resentful and will feel they sacrificed their desires for the marriage. If you want to live in the city, and the partner in the country, if you want 3 kids and they want 0, if you want to be socially active and travel and they want to sit home – you won’t have much intimacy left anyway. Alas, many of us do not know what we want, and by the time we find out we may surprise both ourselves and our partner.
Adultery has existed since marriage was invented and so too has the taboo against it. It is the only sin that gets two commandments in the Bible, one for doing it and one just for thinking about it.
The digital age offers an ever-expanding range of potentially illicit encounters. No subject fascinates and unnerves people more than infidelity—“universally forbidden yet universally practiced”.
Three technological developments — highly effective contraceptives, internet pornography and online dating/meeting services — have made sex (or sexual release) as easy to get in the U.S. as water from a tap.
These developments steer people away from thinking of sex as having anything to do with love, monogamy, or child-bearing — all traits that most Americans have long equated with marriage.
PAINFUL REVELATION OF AN AFFAIR
The revelation of an affair has always been painful, but in today’s world it is traumatic. When the one you relied upon is the one who has lied to your face, treated you as unworthy of basic respect, the world you thought you lived in is turned upside down.
You won’t forget, but forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. Forgiveness is still mandatory — not to let the unfaithful person off the hook, but because holding a grudge shackles people to the past. It is bad for one’s health, both emotionally and physically. There is no intimacy when there are grudges. Life is painful because there is a wall separating people. When betrayed spouses allow themselves to have feelings of forgiveness, life lightens up. It is freeing. Love begins to flow again. Letting go of the past begins to make room for happiness in the present. Forgiveness isn’t meant for the unfaithful, it is a gift betrayed spouses give themselves.
“Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 5:20
To make meaning out of our despair may be our best hope of repair. What if this agonizing experience has caused you to become much closer to your Creator? This has enormous consequences: we are talking about eternity.
What do you have to look forward to and what is your future joy? The very best possible future you could ever imagine — if you will believe it.
- You will have the free gift of complete forgiveness for all your sins extending into forever (Romans 6:23).
- You will have all your real needs provided while on earth. (Philippians 4:19)
- You will receive all the grace you need at all times so that you will abound in every good work God has for you. (2 Corinthians 9:8)
- God will complete the good work he began in you. (Philippians 1:6)
- That means someday soon you will see Jesus, be with Him (2 Corinthians 5:8), and be like Him. (1 John 3:2)
- In that day you will know for the first time full, unpolluted joy (Psalm 16:11)
- You will be completely free from all corruption (Romans 8:21).
- You will have God forever (1 Peter 3:18) as your exceeding joy. (Psalm 43:4)
- You will be raised from the dead and never, ever die again. (1 Corinthians 15:52–53)
And that’s just a small sampling! The joy set before you is the same joy Jesus had set before Him, because you are an heir of the kingdom with Him. (Romans 8:17)
Love that makes one happy is a committed love.
It is beautiful to find in the first pages of Scripture the definition of love and marriage: Man will leave his father and mother, will follow the woman, and they will be only one flesh, only one life.
THE BIGGEST KILLER OF MARRIAGE
The biggest killer of marriage is the lack of freedom to grow and change. “When I got married it occurred to me that I might lose the independence and freedom I treasured so much in my life.”
Many spouses-to-be fall into the trap of becoming too enmeshed with their partners. They may give up former hobbies; lose track of their own interests, friendships, or family; or even let their own health be deprioritized in the pathological prioritization of their partner’s needs. “When you give up your identity for a relationship, you’re not going to be satisfied, and that’s when the trouble starts.”
JESUS WISHES TO SPEAK TO YOU.
“I love you and all who believe in Me.
My Father is the author of marriage for He created human beings, male and female. I made marriage between a Christian man and a Christian woman a sacrament, a sign that gives grace.
Christian couples, who have received the sacrament of marriage, are to strive for holiness. Each spouse is to be a grace to the other, to lead him or her to Me.
The primary end of marriage is the procreation of children and the raising of these children in the faith, to know and love God. The other purpose of marriage is the fulfillment of the spouses for happiness and companionship.
Together the couple must not lose the purpose why they were created: to work together with Me for their salvation. Married couples are called to holiness, and they are to strive for holiness on a daily basis. They are to be the sign to the world of My love for the Church.
There are many pitfalls they have to avoid. Some of these pitfalls are:
(1) to conform their lives to the mentality and ways of the world concerning marriage;
(2) to cheat on one’s spouse by committing adultery;
(3) to keep resentment and grudges and refuse to forgive;
(4) to use anger in order to avoid to look at areas of improvement;
(5) to be proud and putting the other down;
(6) to desire the other to serve you;
(7) to follow the culture of death by the use of contraception, and by agreeing to the horrors of abortion and euthanasia.
Couples will be unable to keep these vows if I am not a part of their marriage for the evil one will attempt to break this sacred bond.
You need to be close to Me to avoid these pitfalls. Pray as a couple, especially give yourself to Me in contemplative prayer. I will lead you. I bless you.”
The above messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
Fr. Melvin Doucette was ordained to the priesthood on and joined the Missionaries of Africa for 29 years in Africa. In contemplative prayer every morning, Fr. Doucette receives by interior locution “messages from heaven” to share with the public.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.