WHO CAN RECEIVE HOLY ORDERS?
Only a baptized man validly receives sacred ordination. The Lord Jesus chose men to form the college of the twelve apostles…The Church recognizes herself to be bound by this choice made by the Lord Himself. For this reason the ordination of women is not possible . 1577 (Catechism)
WHERE DID THIS ALL BEGIN?
Jesus chose 12 apostles was to replace the 12 tribal ‘fathers’ of Israel. In the cultural context of His time, it was natural he chose men for this limited purpose.
THE MOST VOCAL CONTROVERSY
Among the most vocal controversies in the Catholic Church recently has been the question of the ordination of women.
We need to fulfil our canon law duty to speak out as church leaders encourage us to do.
“All the faithful, both clerical and lay, should be accorded a lawful freedom of inquiry, freedom of thought and freedom of expression.” Gaudium et Spes, no 62; Canon Law no 212 § 3. As a consequence, eight out of ten Catholic scholars in the world support the ordination of women.
SEVEN REASONS WHY WOMEN CAN RECEIVE HOLY ORDERS!
- One priesthood in Christ
Through baptism women and men share equally in the new priesthood of Christ.
This includes openness to Holy Orders. “For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave[a] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:27-28
- Empowered to preside
At the Last Supper Jesus empowered both women and men to preside at the Eucharist. Women were present at the Last Supper when Jesus said: “Do this in commemoration of me!”
- Women have been deacons
Until at least the ninth century the Church gave women the full sacramental ordination of deacons. This proves women can be ordained. Does it make sense that women are apt for the diaconate, but not for the priesthood?
- The ability for women to be ordained has been present in the Church’s latent Tradition.
One example is the age-long devotion to Mary as Priest. It shows that, according to the ‘sense of the faithful’, in Mary the ban against women has already been overcome. If women can become saints, surely they can become priests.
- The wider Church accepts women priests
After serious study and prayer other Christian Churches now ordain women as priests. Though not everything other Churches do can be accepted by the Catholic Church, this converging consensus by believing Christians confirms that ordaining women is according to the mind of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
- Women too are, in fact, called to be priests
The fact that many responsible Catholic women discern in themselves a vocation to the priesthood is a sign of the Holy Spirit we may not ignore.
- Cultural bias
The Church’s practice of not ordaining women as priests was based on a three-fold prejudice against women. This has affected the judgment of Church leaders.
WOMEN WERE BARRED THROUGH PREJUDICE
A threefold prejudice barred women from the priestly ministry.
- Women were considered less than men in every respect: physically, intellectually and emotionally.
Like Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas believed wrongly that only the male sperm ‘contains’ the future child, women were looked upon as incomplete human beings.
You may think that this position was ridiculous, but at the time 2000 years ago, we know women were considered inferior.
- And since people blamed Eve for causing humankind’s fall from grace, every woman was thought to carry the curse of Eve’s sin. As silly as this seems, this was a valid thought.
Women were marked as sinful creatures.
- Moreover, people thought that menstruation makes women impure.
As unclean creatures, women were kept far from the altar and sacred services.
So prejudice, pure cultural prejudice and nothing else was the reason why women were not ordained priests. That is the historical fact.
QUESTIONABLE CHURCH DISCERNMENT
Up to 1854 popes taught that God allowed slavery, something now totally forbidden by the Church. The Church has made many similar mistakes throughout its history.
The Church has taken completely different routes than its Eastern Brother Churches: a different discipline has been in force for many centuries: while bishops are chosen solely from among celibates, married men can be ordained as deacons and priests. This practice has long been considered legitimate. 1580 (Catechism)
PAUL: QUESTIONABLE PREJUDICE
Paul also imposed prohibitions on women which were inspired by local custom such as women of all times and in all cultures were required to wear a veil in Church: ” if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.” 1 Corinthians 11:6 The Church liberated itself from another social and cultural prejudice that contaminated its doctrine and practice.
Paul clearly counted women among his co-workers Yet, Paul forbade women to teach. “I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.” 1 Timothy 2:12 Women are not to teach in the church; for that is an act of power and authority, and supposes the persons that teach to be of a superior degree and ability. In other words she should not usurp authority over man.
SOME TRADITIONS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN.
Do you remember hearing about the time women were not allowed to vote? This thinking and tradition existed only ninety years ago. Try to pass legislation today that would prevent women from voting.
Pope Francis’ latest, throwaway suggestion was that women might be ordained deacons. It would be a real discrimination of woman if she is considered as apt for the diaconate, but not for the priesthood.
THE GREAT COMMISSION
The median age of Catholic priests in the USA had risen to 64 by 2012, and is presumably higher still now. We need to affirm all potential laborers, both men and women, for the abundant harvest fields. Why are there so few Catholic missionaries?
RECEIVE THE GIFT OF HEALING: NO NEED TO BE A PRIEST
This thinking is all based on the last chapter of Mark when Jesus appeared to His disciples and gave them their marching orders:
” In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” Mark 16: 17,18
This author, who is a lay person, has experienced the amazing gift of physical healing that was showered upon him when:
- He was born again
- He began to follow God’s Divine Will
- In his case to do missionary work abroad.
The Great Commission is the true goal:, which is a far more important objective than stifling women who have discerned in themselves a vocation to the priesthood: “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” Mark 16:15
ORDAINING WOMEN PRIESTS: THE OTHER SIDE
It isn’t a question of what anyone would like but an issue of scripture and the teachings of Jesus Christ.
It could be argued that Christ selected 12 male apostles because he was only observing the norms of His day. Yet, Christ ignored many social and cultural aspects of His time: He was not a conformist. He broke with custom and tradition, but chose to observe it as well when it mattered. Otherwise, He would have chosen some very important followers who were women.
Yes, it may not be fair that men can have what women cannot. This is like arguing that the man cannot give birth to a child, but a woman can: men and women are different.
Women today deserve to be liberated from the doctrinal prejudice that stills ban them from the share in the ministries that is theirs in God’s true plan.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.