Essentially the Orthodox Church shares much with the other Christian Churches. The Orthodox Church differs substantially in the way of life and worship.
During the early Trinitarian and Christological controversies, after the patriarchs of Alexandria, Jerusalem, Antioch and Constantinople had succumbed to one heresy or another, only the papacy remained constant in witnessing to the orthodox Faith.
Historically, the formal parting between the Christian West and the Christian East occurred in 1054; to some extent it reflected cultural and geopolitical competition between the Greek-speaking “east Roman” empire, in other words Byzantium, and Latin-speaking western Europe where Roman authority had collapsed in the fifth century, but new centers of power had emerged.
Constantinople came to regard itself as a “Second Rome” after the fall of the Roman Empire in the west, but after the city’s fall to the Ottomans in 1453, Moscow came to see itself as a “Third Rome.” The Eastern Orthodox communion bases its teachings on Scripture and “the seven ecumenical councils”.
WHAT DIVIDES ORTHODOX AND CATHOLICS?
- Church unity was expressed through being in communion with the Bishop of Rome, as the successor of St. Peter. Jesus emphasized Peter’s special mission to his apostles and not simply his place of honor among them.
The Orthodox do believe in the primacy (a certain leadership position) of our patriarchs, etc., but not their supremacy: the Bishop of Rome is the “first among equals.” Orthodoxy believes that all Orthodox bishops are the successors of Peter.
- Orthodox have always insisted that celibacy had traditionally been optional for clergy since the first century, citing scriptural and other evidence for married priests and bishops Mark 1:30, I Timothy 3:1-5
- Orthodoxy does believe in certain purification as the saved pass into the next life and also that prayers for the dead do benefit them. The notion of purgatory has not been as clearly developed in the east as it has in the west.
- Does the Holy Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son (double procession) and not from the Father alone? The Eastern Church, or the Orthodox Church, rejected the filioque and maintained that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father alone,
Council of Nicaea II: “We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, proceeding from the Father through the Son” (Profession of Faith [A.D. 787]).
The expression “from the Father through the Son” is accepted by many Eastern Orthodox. However, some Eastern Orthodox insist that to equate “through the Son” with “from the Son” is a departure from the true faith. The problem is more in the area of semantics and different emphases than in any basic doctrinal differences.
5. While highly venerating the Blessed Virgin Mary, most Eastern Orthodox reject the Immaculate Conception. This is subspecies of the problem of papal assertions.
6. The Eastern Orthodox recognize indissolubility as a characteristic of marriage and an ideal at which to aim, they generally accept that divorce-and-remarriage can occur.
Are Catholics and Orthodox truly that different? Fundamentally the Catholic and Orthodox visions are capable of communion with each other.
Today many Eastern Orthodox bishops are putting aside old prejudices and again acknowledging that there need be no separation between the two communions on this issue. Christ’s solemn desire and command is “that they may be one”. John 17:11
Vassula writes down the messages which she receives in a stately handwriting, quite distinct from her own. She hears, interiorly, a Voice first, then , when she has to write down what she has heard, her writing changes. TLIG.org
“Philosophy cannot be compared to spirituality. August 5, 1987
Why this arrogance among the nations, these futile plots among the people? I had selected Peter, a man after My own Heart, the rock, on whom I would build My Church; why then distort My Command? I am speaking to those who scheme and plot against My foundation, do you not realize that your plots will lay futile? My Eyes are fixed upon them; My sword lifted and ready to strike; they know themselves and believe Me, their days are numbered. November 8, 1987
“Those that oppose Peter are opposing My Church, they are opposing My Law, they are opposing Me, their Lord and God; it is I, the Lord, who have selected Peter, Peter who today bears the name, John Paul II; “Bend! Bend to be able to reconcile and unite.” June 21, 1988
“Tell My people that I do not want administrators in My House, they will not be justified in My Day; because it is these very ones who have industrialized My House. October 14, 1991
“Many of them talk of unity and brotherhood, but their words are fallacious, void; Prove yourselves in your Maker’s Eyes by bending; prove yourselves in your Maker’s Eyes by unifying the date of Easter; prove yourselves to Me by breaking bread together; robe yourselves in majesty and splendor with humility and not with an outward appearance of religion and piety. Repent! November 25, 1991
“And you who talk about Unity, do you think empty words will unite you? Who of you is ready to shed all his comforts and follow Me? Tell Me, who of you will be first to end My Agony and My groans for Unity and Peace before the Hour comes? This Hour that leaves all My angels trembling.”
“I am sending you, creation (Vassula), messenger after messenger to break through your deafness, but I am weary now of your resistance and your apathy; I am ever so weary of your coldness; I am weary of your arrogance and your inflexibility when it comes to assemble for unity; you filled and overflowed now the Cup of Stupor; intoxicated by your own voice you have opposed My Voice, but it shall not be forever; soon you shall fall for you have opposed My Voice by your voice’s misleading nonsense; naturally, My Church is in ruin because of your division; you are not applying My advice nor are you practicing My desires for lack of faith, but I will expose your heart to you and to the whole world; I shall expose how secretly you were planning to destroy My Law.” Revelation 9:2 February 18, 1993
But the college or body of bishops has no authority unless it is understood together with the Roman Pontiff, the successor of Peter as its head. The pope’s power of primacy over all, both pastors and faithful, remains whole and intact. For our Lord placed Simon alone as the rock and the bearer of the keys of the Church, and made him shepherd of the whole flock. This college of apostles, insofar as it is composed of many, expresses the variety and universality of the People of God, but insofar as it is assembled under one head, it expresses the unity of the flock of Christ.
A WAKE UP CALL
“My Church will be one, under one Authority; have I Myself not asked Peter to feed My lambs? have I not chosen him to feed My sheep, have I Myself not uttered these words: ‘You are Peter and on this rock I will build My Church’ Matthew 16:18 November 8, 1987
THOSE WHO WORK FOR UNITY
Look up at the skies; see how far they are from the earth? This is how far their hearts are from one another; this is how far they are apart.
When will they all pass a decree by unanimous vote to celebrate the feast of Easter all in one date?
I am weary of hearing their noble language, perhaps it is suitable and eloquent for them but to Me it sounds like a stroke on a gong, because it is empty with emptiness; I have come to talk to them, first, out of concern, then out of pity, but no one yet to this day has lowered his voice to hear My Voice.
Alas for you, who say you are at My service yet prevent My Kingdom from finding unity and stability! But it is not you who will bring My Kingdom together. For you do not understand anything and never will. If you, in spite of My heavenly calls, did not sound the depths of My Heart, how would you unravel the arguments of My Mind, how can you fathom the Riches of My Sacred Heart?
I have not spoken in parables, nor have I spoken in riddles, I have taken plain words to speak to you; I reprimanded the officials and I collected them together to talk to them but have they observed the prompting of My Heart? Their duty was to make an official appeal; I reprimanded the authorities, (at the World Council of Churches)
I had not come that day to attack them, but to offer them oil to fill up their lamps, lest further harm be done to My Church; how many of them stretched out their hands to heaven, calling Me?
Do they realize how, twice, My Blood is shed like water? May My groans reach their ears this time. What My right Hand planted has been severed, in two, then in three, and then hacked.
Where is the entire vine I had planted? There was once a vine, every season I expected it to yield grapes; it covered valleys, mountains and extended beyond the seas, because it had taken root in My own property, in My own inheritance; I had spread its branches to reach to the four corners of the earth and fill the world with fruit; but instead of keeping it, they neglected it, allowing thorns and briars to multiply around it, choking branch after branch, shoot after shoot; that chosen plant My right Hand had planted has been leveled now to the ground and the beauty and glory and the fruit it gave have now fallen down like rotten fruit;
I have come to fill your lamp with oil, light your lamp and use it now so that you see where you are going; whosoever neglects to light his lamp this time and use it, it will be taken away from him and given to someone else.
Message to Vassula http://www.tlig.org
YOUR ERA IS DEAD.
Your era is dead: pray for the renewal of your era, for its rebirth, for a New Era. Pray for the World Council of Churches; pray for the Great Return.
My sheep have all gone astray, Satan has brought down his wrath among you, dividing you,splitting you, scattering you, confusing you
Take My Hand Peter, and I will guide you; hear My cry, assemble your Eastern brothers, call them to meet Me under My roof, assemble your Eastern brothers into My Foundation, call them before Me, how I desire this Unity!
You know that any kingdom which is divided against itself will collapse: My House has been divided and today It lies in ruin.
My plan is to unite all nations, from East to West, from North to South and bring them all together under My Light, under My wings, all united in one flock under My protection by One Vigilant Shepherd.
I have promised never to forsake you ever and come to you in times of distress. Message to Vassula http://www.tlig.org
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.