KETOGENIC DIET: A GAME CHANGER
Here is a simple explanation:
I have had a little five pound pouch that I have been carrying for a few years. I am an avid swimmer; I swim five times a week for a distance of one kilometer (40 lengths x 25 meters).
To my amazement the pouch finally disappeared. I started a Keto diet by simply eliminating all sugar and carbohydrates like toast for a couple of weeks. How did it magically happen?
The body needs energy for all its bodily activities from keeping the heart pumping to managing my stomach and intestines. This energy demand is vital.
Normally, the body will find easy energy sources in what I have been always eating: potatoes, spaghetti, etc. During the last ten days, the only energy the body could muster is from the fat build up in my five pound tummy. Voila!
I simply kept to a balanced diet including vegetables and fruit and I ate according to my needs (not overeating). I noticed that my water consumption tripled. During the transition of burning good fats using the liver, I felt a little dizzy. I simply drank it away with a smoothie.
Yes, there are other diets. The most important part of any diet is persistence. Yet, Keto allows you to splurge on good fats, which is hardly a sacrifice.
I started the morning after my swim at my favorite restaurant, Coco Fruiti, and ordered an omelet – no toast or potatoes and a double order of fruit or tomatoes, which was offered free as a replacement.
I was introduced to the diet from my friend, Pedro, who now looks amazing after months of Keto. Of course, he added an exercise regime to burn away his excess fat (the body could not find any carbohydrates to burn for energy):
What if most of our modern diseases are really just symptoms of the same problem: diet?
A Ketogenic Diet Can Cure Disease
Can a high-fat, low-carb diet prevent and even cure illnesses like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and autism? “The Magic Pill”— an Australian documentary now streaming on Netflix — thinks so. The film suggests that the modern diet is to blame for the majority of chronic diseases, an idea that has critics slamming the film for peddling “harmful” ideas. The ketogenic, or keto diet, is a high-fat, low-carb diet that encourages your body to use fat (ketones) for fuel instead of carbs.
The people profiled followed a diet based on keto principles:
- Eat whole and organic foods
- Eliminate processed foods, dairy, grains, and legumes
- Edge out bad fats (vegetable oils) with healthy fats (olive and coconut oils, animal fats, eggs, and avocados)
- Aim to consume free-range animals and wild caught seafood. (Too much protein converts to glucose in the body, which takes you out of ketosis.)
- Introduce bone broths, organ meats, fermented foods, and intermittent fasting into your diet
The keto diet: backed up by scientific opinion
While the keto diet is touted for its fat-burning effects, there’s growing evidence that it can help a range of diseases, including heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
“Being in a mild state of ketosis is really the place to be,” neurologist David Perlmutter says in the film, adding that fat powers the brain better than carbs do.
A top neurosurgeon who specializes in brain tumors at the Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, “I really think the ketogenic diet is going to be…part of that magic bullet, the holy grail of treating people with this disease.”
A Bulletproof keto diet that is friendly
If you’re interested in a bulletproof version of the keto diet, follow these five steps:
- Skip the carb refeed day. Bulletproof is a cyclical keto diet that puts your body in and out of ketosis once a week, to make the diet more sustainable and prevent common issues like dry eyes, cravings, and even unhealthy gut bacteria levels. But if you want to try full keto, increase your fat and limit your carbs. Aim for 70-85% of your calories from fat, every day.
- Remember that it might take up to two weeks for your body to make the shift from burning carbs and sugar to fat. The keto flu can leave you feeling tired, achy, and irritable, but it should pass. Stay the course and you should soon feel better than before you started. (One source claimed that keto flu is manageable: you just need more electrolytes, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Full adaptation takes more like 3 months; you won’t be able to exercise as hard until your body can provide energy quickly enough.)
- Monitor your ketone levels using urine strips, ketone breath meters, or blood meters.
- Be mindful of hidden carbs in sources like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cashews, chocolate, and leeks. Use a food tracker like MyKeto until you get clear on how much fat/carbs/protein you’re actually eating.
- Watch your protein intake. It’s common for people on keto to consume too much meat. More than 20-30% protein in your diet, and your body will begin to convert protein to sugar, which bumps you out of ketosis. Go for moderate protein with a high-fat sauce of your choice to tide you over.
THE KETO DIET SUCCESS STORIES
Within a few weeks the uncontrollable binging on high carb high fat processed food just faded away. 1-1/2 years ago, at the age of 63 and 317 lbs with Type 2 Diabetes, I had a heart attack. A dear friend suggested the Keto regimen; which I began after much research. The high-fat diet, along with 4 hours of exercise each week, and I am now 215 lbs., with at least 20 added pounds of muscle tissue, no longer diabetic, with all of my lab tests are now normal.
My pain lessened, flexibility is back and first time in 10 years completely off pain med. My Mother in Law, 94, was on 19 different medications including insulin, was taken off all but three by her cardiologist (who recommended this way of eating). She has had not one issue with her diabetes, first in 40 years. They believe the low fat diet she was put on in the 70’s was cause of most of her issues.
My wife and I are on a keto life style and in just 14 month’s we lost 27 kg each. Blood pressure tablets gone. Sugar diabetes cured. Off all medication all blood tests normal. Our general health has never been better. What we do is keep it simple: use only butter and eat anything green or white that grows above the ground. No sweet poison (sugar); try not to eat carbs.
My husband and I have lost 145 lbs between the two of us. We are happy, healthy and enjoying the outdoors for the first time in a long time. I was so food obsessed I couldn’t wait until the next meal and ate snacks in between. If I missed a meal, I got a mean headache and couldn’t stand it. Coming off of carbs/sugar has made life so much more enjoyable. No more metabolic syndrome, no borderline diabetes, IBSD symptoms are gone. I’m not tired all the time I sleep like a log and my husband quit snoring!! Pharmaceutical companies will not be happy because they are losing customers like me. No more blood pressure, cholesterol, triglyceride meds! Keto on my friends!
BIG-PHARMA & BIG-AGRI
The food industry still has a significant strangle hold on any research dollars that will continue to promote Big Agriculture, big meat, big corn, grain based low-fat diet, etc. Big-Pharma & Big-Agriculture are probably planning a counter responses to LCHF (low carb high fat) eating. I’m sure they will have some negative messages ready to roll out as they stand to lose billions and billions if the world suddenly adopts this better way of eating.
IT IS ALL ABOUT BRAIN HEALTH!
The good fats, or lipids, that work so beautifully in your body-and your brain-are called fatty acids. Essential fatty acids cannot be manufactured in your body so they must come from the foods you eat
The brain does not contain “fat cells”, such as the kind that shrink when energy is scarce during dieting. Yet, if your diet is loaded with bad fats, your brain can only make low-quality nerve cell membranes that don’t function well. Also, all body tissues are affected by loss of nutrients, so in this sense the brain is affected just as the whole body is affected.
Possible therapeutic uses for the ketogenic diet have being studied for various neurological disorders in addition to epilepsy: Alzheimer’s disease (AD), amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), autism, brain cancer, headache, neurotrauma, pain, Parkinson’s disease (PD) and sleep disorders. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source.
An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood, a state known as ketosis, leads to a reduction in the frequency of epileptic seizures. If this happens in this short term mental disorder which is easy to identify, it is surely is true of long range disorders like Parkinsonism, which is too difficult to correlate. This experience is a game changer: a big discovery.
Researchers at Harvard University suggest that omega-3 fats (which are also available in supplements, though food sources are preferred) may disrupt the brain signals that trigger the characteristic mood swings seen with bipolar disorder. If these findings hold true in future studies, omega-3 fatty acids may have implications for successfully treating other psychiatric disorders such as depression and schizophrenia.
Certain foods containing omega-3 fatty acids are especially good for your brain. These include:
- Certain cold-water fish (salmon (highest), bluefish, herring, mackerel, rainbow trout, sardines, tuna, and whitefish)
- Fatty cuts of beef, pork, and lamb
- Olive oil and Coconut oil (organic)
- Nuts: Macadamia, Almond are best (Cashew nuts: minimum) (Adds vitamin E, for better brain functioning.
- Whole Eggs
- Butter (grass fed) Mayonnaise (organic) and some salad dressing
- Cheese (Aged, Cream)
THERE HAVE BEEN SOME STUDIES THAT SUGGEST THAT THE LIST OF SOME TRANS FATS ( those in red) HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED.
Detailed list of what to eat on keto
There are many things that increase your level of ketosis. Here they are, from most to least important:
- Restrict carbohydrates to 20 digestible grams per day or less – a strict low-carb diet. Fiber does not have to be restricted, it might even be beneficial.
How much is 20 grams of carbs? Use our visual guide to find out. Or simply use our keto recipes and meal plans, they are designed to keep you under 20 grams with no counting required.
Note that quite often, just restricting carbs to very low levels results in ketosis. So this may be all you need to do. But the rest of the list below will help make sure that you’re successful.
2. Restrict protein to moderate levels. On a keto diet you should eat the protein you need, but not much more. This is because excess protein is converted to glucose in the body, reducing ketosis.
If possible, stay at or below 1 gram of protein per day, per kg of body weight – about 70 grams of protein per day if you weigh 70 kilos (154 pounds).
The most common mistake that stops people from getting into ketosis is too much protein. Our keto recipes are designed with the right amount of protein.
3. Eat enough fat to feel satisfied. This is the big difference between a keto diet and starvation is that also results in ketosis. A keto diet is sustainable, whereas starvation is not. When starving you’re likely to feel tired and hungry and give up, but a keto diet is sustainable and can make you feel great. So eat enough to feel satisfied, and if you’re hungry all the time, you should probably add more fat to your meals (like more olive oil, etc.).
4. Avoid snacking when not hungry. Eating more often than you need, just eating for fun and because there’s food around, reduces ketosis and slows down weight loss. Though using keto snacks will minimize the damage, and is fine when you’re hungry.
5. If necessary, add intermittent fasting. For example, skip breakfast and only eat during 8 hours of the day, fasting for 16 hours (i.e. 16:8 fasting) . This is very effective at boosting ketone levels, as well as accelerating weight loss and type 2 diabetes reversal. It’s also usually easy to do on keto.
6. Drink enough water Keep a small bottle of water in each part of your living area, so that it is more conducive to drinking enough during the day. The liver needs a lot of water to deal with the new surge of keytones: even 8 glasses a day. As you get older this becomes far more important so that you can flush out all the impurities in your body.
7. Add exercise – adding any kind of physical activity while on low carb can increase ketone levels moderately. It can also help speed up weight loss and diabetes type 2 reversal slightly. Exercise is not necessary to get into ketosis, but it may be helpful.
8. Sleep enough – for most people at least seven hours per night on average – and keep stress under control. Sleep deprivation and stress hormones raise blood sugar levels, slowing ketosis and weight loss a bit. Plus they make much it harder to stick to your chosen diet, and resist temptations. So while handling sleep and stress will not get you into ketosis on it’s own, it’s still worth thinking about.
TRY TO AVOID
the “bad” fats (saturated and processed fats), as they’re the ones that have been processed or hydrogenated and remain solid when refrigerated. They are typically found in:
- Commercial baked goods: pies, cakes, doughnuts, cookies, etc.
- Crackers, potato chips, corn chips, cheese puffs, pretzels, etc.
- Processed foods and fast foods
- Whole milk, ice cream
- Processed Cheese
Here’s what you should avoid on keto – foods containing a lot of sugar and starch. This includes starchy foods like some fruit, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. These foods are very high in carbs.
The numbers are grams of net carbs per 100 grams, unless otherwise noted.
THE SWEET AVERAGE AMERICAN
The big sugar eaters consume 500 calories a day from
sugar — that’s 31 teaspoons. Those who tamed their sweet
tooth the most, by contrast, were taking in about 160
calories a day from sugar — or about 10 teaspoons per
Unfortunately, most Americans have a sugar habit that is
pushing toward the danger zone.
The average American is consuming 22 teaspoons a day.
That’s about three times what’s recommended.
THE GIFT OF HEALING
The disciple of healing who has been given the gift of healing is only a catalyst. The real healing takes place by God, the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit in the Name of Jesus Christ. Jesus can heal mental illness of all kinds through His spiritual world that requires FAITH.
Jesus Himself did not emphasize the miraculous; He saw physical healing as an ordinary aspect of what He called “works“, rather than miracles: a form of Good News in action. Healing of the spirit, emotion and body was all part of the message of salvation. So the apostles preached by healing and this continues today.
Most people don’t know that God want to heal them:
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. ” 3 John 1:2
FAITH IS THE FINAL INGREDIENT.
After receiving a prayer of healing, you must pray:” Lord Jesus, I love You; I believe in You; I trust You: I thank You and praise You for Your healing. Thank you, Lord.” This faith prayer must be said anytime you are thinking of it (a minimum of once a day) and until all the healing has taken place.
The short breath prayer is: Lord Jesus, I praise You and thank You for Your healing.
JESUS WISHES TO SPEAK TO YOU.
Perseverance in Trial
“I bless you My brother Melvin and all My brothers and sisters who believe in Me as your Savior and friend.
Saint James is one of My great friends who had great faith and a great love for Me. His letter fits beautifully in the Bible. He calls himself a slave of God and My slave too. He wrote this letter to the Christians all over the known world to teach them about the meaning of faith and works. He starts by writing that every Christian has to go through trials and these trials are tests for your faith.
If you persevere through those trials, then your faith will get strong and you will be perfect. If you lack something, then you have to ask your Lord with faith without doubting. If you doubt then you will not receive what you are asking for. It is those who are in lowly circumstances who are standing high in the face of your Lord and the rich though stand in his lowliness before God. It is the rich person that disappear first in his worldly pursuits.
My dear friends, consider yourself a poor person who needs My help and I will give you what you need if you have strong faith in Me. Remain united to Me and you will have the joy, love and peace in your heart that I give to all My friends. I bless you all.”
The above messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
Fr. Melvin Doucette was ordained to the priesthood on and joined the Missionaries of Africa for 29 years in Africa. In contemplative prayer every morning, Fr. Doucette receives by interior locution “messages from heaven” to share with the public.
Of course, there are those who say “I believe in Jesus Christ”, but they don’t affect the way they live. The answer is not that we now have to add hard work to our faith; rather, we haven’t truly understood or believed in Jesus at all.
Some people say that Jesus is just a crutch. They obviously have never had an encounter with Jesus.
Today’s people who live through near death experiences are talking about the same thing Jesus was talking about two thousand years ago.
Near Death Experience
The proof of heaven starts with thousands of people around the world who claim to have had near-death experiences. (NDEs).
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.