Addiction Recovery can take months and for some many years involving medication. There is a short cut that God provides in the form of Grace, which is a mysterious interweaving of divine grace and human willingness.
We may yearn to “let go and let God,” but it usually doesn’t happen until we have exhausted our own efforts.
LOTS OF ADDICTIONS
Most people are addicted to something, be it a substance or one’s own self-concept. Anything that steals life from us and causes us to make illogical or hasty decisions is our addiction: anything we cling to instead of God. The object of the addiction, whether it is drugs or alcohol or sex are not the primary issue. Rather, it is becoming obsessed with them: a false sense of love. It includes many other areas: chocolate, food, Facebook, power, fame, pornography, even driving too fast, etc.
The truth is, we were never meant to be completely satisfied. Saint Augustine states “You have made us for Yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in You.” We give all our time and energy to the addiction, instead of love. We were created for love but we seek it apart from the Creator. Addiction, then, displaces and supplants God’s love as the source and object of our deepest true desire.
Addiction is a spiritual disease, a disease of the soul, an illness resulting from this same longing, frustrated desire, and deep dissatisfaction – which is ironically the necessary beginning of any spiritual path.”
Having a personal relationship with God begins the moment we realize our need for Him, admit we are sinners, and in faith receive Jesus Christ as Savior. God, our heavenly Father, has always desired to be close to us, to have a relationship with us.
God gently and humbly waits for our invitation to enter into our emptiness, our place of deepest longing. “It is all about “God’s love (which) has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us” Romans 5:5
There have been books written about grace that imply that grace can come from any source. You cannot speak of the healing power of grace apart from Jesus, no matter what you read about New Age, Buddhism or Hinduism. It is only the grace of God through Jesus Christ that brings real transformation, despite the fact that they may continue to help your spirituality, which is not the real issue here.
THE “HOW-TO” STUFF
Just ask yourself to stop something, and if you can’t, you’ll be face to face with addiction. Then we use the Grace Toggle or Grace Switch. Grace is the most powerful force in the universe and it is where your hope lies. Grace is what draws us toward God.
Whenever we have an urge for a drink or a smoke you say this little prayer and the addictive feeling will fade away. Try this “Living Water of Grace” and you will see and you will be surprised if it is from the heart.
Through Jesus Christ, a “faith healer” can heal you from any of your ailments including your addiction. You will also need to be delivered from all evil spirits influencing you, because addiction is tied to evil or to Satan.
What is further required is an acknowledgement of your faith in God. It begins with this prayer of faith from the heart. Faith and healing are intertwined. The emphasis is “from the heart” otherwise it all becomes a worship disorder.
Lord Jesus, I love You! Lord Jesus, I believe in You! Lord Jesus, I trust You!
Usually 80% of the healing takes place immediately. The complete healing will take place over a reasonable short time, but this requires homework: the one being healed must praise and thank God every day or whenever he or she thinks about it until the complete healing has taken place. The prayer below is invaluable. It answers the question of how long will this healing last.
PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING:
To be said daily and whenever you think about it until all the healing is complete:
Lord, I thank You and I praise you for Your healing.
or a shorter 7 word Breathe Prayer:
Lord, I thank You and praise you.
This prayer is to be said upon temptation and anytime you think about it until complete healing has taken place and at a very minimum at least once a day. Actually, in recovery, only hour by hour gratitude is strong enough to overcome all temptations.
POWER IN PRAISE
So praise becomes the medicine, We are to praise God for everything even for our addiction which may eventually cause us to free ourselves for a committed relationship to God.
Praise God for everything??? When you are affected by conflicts and inner confusion, you finally come to a deeper consciousness of God because of these intentional struggles.
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” Thessalonians 5:16-18
It is also an ongoing process in which one, and with grace, grows ever more deeply in love. It is an ongoing transition from compulsively trying to control one’s life toward a trusting and openness to God.
“Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard, who has kept us among the living, and has not let our feet slip. For You, O God, have tested us; You have tried us as silver is tried. You brought us into the net; You laid burdens on our backs; You let people ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet You have brought us out to a spacious place.” (freeing us from attachments). Psalm 66:8-12
TRUST IS THE BASIS OF LIFE.
Without trust, no human being can live. Trapeze artists offer a beautiful image of this. Fliers have to trust their catchers. They can do the most spectacular doubles, triples, or quadruples, but what finally makes their performance spectacular are the catchers who are there for them at the right time in the right place.
Much of our lives is flying. It is wonderful to fly in the air free as a bird, but when God isn’t there to catch us, all our flying comes to nothing. Let’s trust in the Great Catcher. Henri Nouwen
A ”faith healer” is one who has been baptized in the Holy Spirit (born again) and has received the Gift of Healing. He or she is sinless and often are involved with missionary work. God knows that healing is an effective way that missionaries need to introduce or strengthen Christianity. Check out the following links:
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable grace.
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com