WHAT CAN YOU SAY?
One of the greatest gifts we can offer our family and friends is helping them to die well. But there is a moment in which we need to give those we love the permission to return to God and heaven. We have to sit quietly with them and say: “Do not be afraid … I love you, God loves you … it’s time for you to go in peace. … I won’t cling to you any longer … I set you free to go home … go gently, go with my love.” Saying this from our heart is a true gift. It is the greatest gift love can give.
When Jesus died he said: “Father, into your hands I commit my Spirit”. Luke 23:46 It is good to repeat these words often with our dying friends. With these words on their lips or in their hearts, they can make the passage as Jesus did.
WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?
“The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want … and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.” Psalms 23:1, 6
Death frees us from the boundaries of chronology and brings us into God’s “time,” which is timeless. There is no “past,” “present,” or “future.” God is all in all for those who are no longer in time.
For us who still live in time, it is important not to act as if the new life in Christ is something we can comprehend or explain. God’s heart and mind are greater than ours. All that is asked of us is trust. Henry Nouwen
ONE OF THE GREATEST POEMS EVER WRITTEN
‘Holy Sonnet 10: Death, Be Not Proud‘ by John Donne (1572-1631)
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think’st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul’s delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell’st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.
Death has always been a subject that’s instilled people with terror and despair, yet Donne’s famous sonnet provides us with a comforting ray of hope.
When he says “From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be, / Much pleasure,” he compares death to being asleep, making it sound a lot less terrifying. Similarly, when he says “One short sleep past, we wake eternally / And death shall be no more,“ he explains that if one truly believes in the eternal life of the soul, then death is nothing but a blessing.
This sonnet is practically universally applicable, since death is so ever-present in our lives, and the fear of death is undoubtedly a natural instinct.
HOW DO IT GET INTO HEAVEN?
Let me ask you a question: when you die, where will your soul go? Heaven? Hell? Nowhere? Not sure? I know where my soul will go when I die. Wouldn’t you like to be absolutely 100% sure where yours will go? If you could get into the gate to heaven when you die, wouldn’t you do whatever it takes to be sure that that is where your soul is going?
- Have you sinned? Don’t think so? Ever told a lie, even a little white lie? Ever stolen something, even just a penny? Have you ever known it was right to do something, and then not done it?
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 (You may be a good person, but even sinning just once (which we all have) we still fall short of the Glory of God, because God is without sin).
2. We still have hope: Now, we know that God isn’t going to let sin into heaven… and now that we’ve established that every single person on earth has sinned, this isn’t looking so good for you and me to get into heaven is it? But luckily for us, there’s good news.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
3. You might be saying to yourself, “I don’t know how to accept Jesus as my savior or how to confess my sins.” Have no fear. If you are ready today to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then pray with me by following the prayer below:
“Jesus, I know that I’m a sinner and that I need your help to save my soul. I know that you are the Son of God, and I want to thank you for dying on the cross for me so that I don’t have to pay for my sins, and so that I can have eternal life through you. Please come into my heart Lord and save me. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to repent and be a better person for you. I love you Lord and thank you for your sacrifice. In your name Lord, amen.”
4. There is no guilt and no reason to feel guilty. The Bible says we are sinners by nature. God does not expect us to feel guilty. What he does want us to feel is love for Him. He wants us to be with us in heaven, which is why we must accept his Son.
5. Now why would God feel it is necessary to be saved? What is there to be saved from? Hell. Where is the opposite of hell after you die? Heaven. You are being saved from Hell.
6. After we are saved, there is a change that takes place within us… we should want to do things to please God, not disappoint him. Now that’s not to say that God expects you to lead a perfect life… he doesn’t. But when you are saved, there is a spiritual “rebirth” if you will.
Do you know what signs Jesus will be looking for to see if He recognizes you as one of His own? What are you doing today to prepare for that crucial moment when time has run out?
But we come from God and belong to God…” 1 John 4:4
‘”In my Father’s house are many mansions.” John 14:2-3
When you stand at the gate of heaven and God says, “Why should I let you in?” What answer will you give?
“I lived a good life.” “I gave money to good causes.” “We’re happy for you, but you weren’t good enough.”
You will know the answer before you get there and you can know for sure that heaven’s gate will open for you. How?
“If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved from the punishment of sin.” Romans 10:9
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s Unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to Luke and then John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com