When you make adjustments and obey, you come to know God by experiencing Him. Experiencing God involves obedience and a love relationship.
1. God is always at work around us.
“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3
Deep within the hearts of every believer are a desire and a need to commune with God. There is a world of difference between knowing something is true in your head and experiencing the reality in your life. Many church goers hear about God, but they do not have a personal, dynamic, growing relationship with God. They never hear His voice; they have no idea what God’s Will is. They have no sense of divine purpose for their lives. They may know a lot about God, but they really don’t know Him.
We either know God is all-powerful or we don’t really trust in His power. It is one thing to believe in God’s power; it is quite another to live your life in obedient response to an all-powerful God.
“Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O Lord, in the light of Thy countenance. In Thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in Thy righteousness shall they be exalted.” Psalm 89:15,16
There will be times when you do not comprehend why He allows certain things to occur, and that is to be expected. He sees the eternal ramifications; we don’t. We must learn to praise God always for everything even the seemingly bad things in our life.
God’s Will is always best! God is all-powerful. His directions are always right. He can enable you to accomplish His Will. We can trust that God Will always gives His best. If you really believe God is love, you will also accept that His will is always best.
He said, “Always remember this song I have taught you today. And let it be a warning that you must teach your children to obey everything written in The Book of God’s Law. The Law isn’t empty words. It can give you a long life in the land that you are going to take.” Deuteronomy 32:46,47
God does not want you to miss out on the fullness of life. God’s instructions do not restrict; they free you. God’s purpose is that you prosper and live.
God sees beyond our current limitations and is constantly leading us to grow into the person He knows we can become. He knows our future.
2. God pursues a continuing love relationship with you.
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” John 14:21
You did not initiate a love relationship with God; He initiated a love relationship with you. Long before you began your life on earth, God demonstrated His love for you on the cross of Christ. What is the foremost thing God wants from you? He wants you to love Him with all your being. Your experiencing God depends on your love for Him.
“For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.” 1 John 5:3
Calling on His name indicates we are seeking His presence. To praise His Name is to exalt Him. He is worthy of our praise.
3. God invites you to become involved with Him.
“My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure… I will also bring it to pass. I have purposed it. I will also do it.” Isaiah 46:10-11
Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.” John 4:34
So what is God’s will for your life? A better question is, “What is God’s Will?”, because people are naturally self-centered. We tend to view the whole world even God’s activity with our own eyes. Your focus has to be outward on God and His purpose, not inward on your life. We must come to a place where we renounce our self-focused approach to life and turn the attention and control to a God-centered outlook. You must focus on God’s purposes, not on your own plans.
“Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.” John 12:24,25
“For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13
You have heard the complaint: “don’t just stand there – do something” so we wear ourselves out and accomplish very little for the Kingdom of God. Rather God is saying to us:”don’t just do something – stand there!” He alone can initiate His plans through you:
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
God accomplishes His purposes through you. This experience is not designed to be exhausting or burdensome, but exhilarating and fulfilling: you will find rest in your souls.
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
If you have an obedience problem, you have a love problem. If our love relationship with God is not as it should be, nothing else will be in order.
God did not create the world and then abandon it to function on its own. He has been actively involved in human affairs throughout history. God is actively at work redeeming a lost world. He chooses to involve you to help carry out His plans.
Unless God opens your spiritual eyes, you will be blind to His presence and work. When God reveals to where He is working, that becomes His invitation to join Him in His activity.
4. God communicates to us through the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit will use the Bible, prayer, circumstances and other believers to guide us. It is best to have confirmation from other of these sources.
“He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.” John 8:47
The concept of spiritual gifts is contrary to much of what is taught today. Spiritual gifts are a manifestation of the Holy Spirit working in people’s lives to enable them to obey what God asks them to do. When God gives an assignment, He equips the person to accomplish what He assigns. A person who has never accepted an assignment from God does not need to be spiritually equipped because that individual is not undertaking a divine task.
5. God’s invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a Crisis of Belief that requires faith and action.
Whenever God is involved in anything, there are always eternal, divine dimensions and possibilities. To follow God, you will have to walk by faith because without faith it is impossible to please Him:
“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.” Hebrews 11:6
A life walking close to God is both exciting and rewarding.
6. You must make major adjustments in your life to join God
God has a right to interrupt our life. He is our Lord, and we must adjust our lives to what He is doing and to the ways He chooses to accomplish His work.
To get from where you are to where God is requires significant adjustments to your life. You can’t stay where you are and go with God at the same time.
When you do what He tells you, no matter how bewildering it may seem, God carries out what He proposed through you. Not only do you experience God’s power and presence, but so do those who observe your life.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.” 2 Corinthians 5:17,20
“You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you”. John 15:16
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” Matthew 6: 31-33
7. You come to know God by experience as you obey Him.
While Jesus was speaking, a woman from the crowd called out and said to him, “Blessed is the womb that carried you and the breasts at which you nursed.” He replied, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.” Luke 11:27-28
The moment God speaks to us, that is the time we respond. If you hear the Word of God and do not apply it to produce fruit in your life, your disobedience will cost you. “Therefore, take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him” Luke 8:18 God does bring discipline, judgment, and wrath on those who continue to live in sin and rebellion against Him. This discipline is based on love. “The Lord corrects the people He loves and disciplines those He calls His own.” Hebrews 12:6
Suppose that five times out of ten, when the master had something for His servant to do, the servant said, “Sorry, that’s not on my agenda”. What do you think the Master would do? He would discipline the servant, of course. Eventually the servant would remain outside the activity of the Master and the servant will not be working in or through the Master’s life, which becomes a secular life.
Nowhere in the Bible does God promise to stop us from making mistakes! We are human and we are prone to making mistakes. It is foolish to walk carelessly through doors of opportunity without seeking God’s guidance, blithely hoping God will work all thinks together for good.
On the other hand, when God called Abram, He said, “I will bless you, and make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.” Genesis 12:2 That means:” I will develop your character to match your assignment.”
In the meantime, waiting on the Lord should not be an idle time for you. Let God use times of waiting to mold and shape your character. Let Him purify your life and make you into a clean vessel for His service.
God did not create you for a time; He created you for eternity.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com