HERE’S A SEARCHING QUESTION?
“If you were to die tonight, and “St Peter” or “Elijah” or “Mohamed” was at the “Pearly Gates of Heaven” and asked you, ’Why should God let you into His Kingdom?’ – what would you say?”
1) What would your own personal answer be?
2) What do you think the answer would be from a true believing Christian?
THE MOST COMMON RESPONSES ARE:
a) I am not perfect, but in all honesty, I think I’m a good person.
b) I sincerely try to keep the 10 commandments,
c) I always try to do my best ( – although I sometimes fail)
d) I know I am a good person ( – and at least better than one of my neighbors !)
The answers assume that if a person rates high enough on a divine “scale of goodness”, then that person SHOULD get into “heaven” based on their performance (or merit). The answers from people in other religions have a lot in common with these same answers.
Christianity, when correctly understood, has a UNIQUE answer that is VERY DIFFERENT from ALL those other religions. We know that the Almighty God is Loving, but also perfectly Holy and infinitely Just. HE hates sin or “pollution”, and does not have to tolerate it in His perfect Heavenly Kingdom. So God has a unique solution, one which only HE could devise. After man broke the only rule God gave him to keep, thus incurring His wrath and damnation (i.e. being separated from God for eternity), God sent His Son, (the same Son who had created the world and set mankind on it to rule enjoy and rule), to become a Human Being Himself!
He would live a perfect sinless human life over 2000 years ago (being tempted in every way that humans are), and then HIMSELF volunteer to pay the price of Sin (eternal death or separation from God). Then, after overcoming a horrible Death on the Cross (painful not only for the Son but also for the Father who had to watch) the Son died; He overcame the power of Death and returned to earth as the Risen Christ.
All we have to do now is to accept BY FAITH, the FREE gift offered to us by Jesus Christ after he paid the price for our sins by dying on the Cross. Because Jesus overcame Satan and Death, we can have the perfect human life of Jesus Christ to stand, in our place, before the Divine Judge. In this way you can enter into God’s Kingdom because your sins have been paid for by His Son, It’s a GIFT! – And by FAITH all we have to do is accept it and be thankful! It is that easy! – And that wonderful!
“If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” Romans 10:9-10
This approach to God and life results in freeing us from trying to earn or merit our salvation, and frees us to not worry about being perfect ourselves. In other words, all we have to do is to truly confess our short comings to Almighty God, repented of our sins, and accept the free gift of salvation.
As a result, this opens us up to living a whole new approach to life, a life filled and motivated by THANKFULNESS and GRATITUDE to God. It is as if we are now happy little beggars longing to tell other beggars where we have been lucky enough to find free food, keeping God’s commandments because we want to, as a way of saying “Thank you”.
This now enables us up to be able to truly love other people, who are also God’s creation, unconditionally, and accepting and forgiving others endlessly (because we know we have been forgiven ourselves), and now keeping the ten commandments as a way to thank God, the Good Shepherd, for taking care of us.
It is totally frees us from all pettiness and selfishness, doing good deeds for others as a “thank you” to God and NOT as a way to earn or “buy our salvation”. And the best part of all this is that (because we are still human) EVEN WHEN WE FAIL and are still subject to sin, we are STILL FORGIVEN! Isn’t that GREAT?
And that makes us want to serve God and love our fellow man even more (that is IF we have TRULY repented, and our Faith is genuine, and not just a passive acknowledgement or mechanical salute to God)!
Then, the wonder of all this, is that when we read the Scriptures we will come to see that, ultimately, WE HAVE NOT CHOSEN GOD, HE HAS CHOSEN US and given us the will to will HIS WILL ! Because we were so steeped in sin, we can’t even take credit for being smart or good enough to choose Him! But rather, we come to see that ultimately if we “choose Him” and accept His free gift of salvation; it is only because He has loved us enough to call us back to Him, by giving us the will to will His will! REMEMBER, IT IS ALL A GIFT, which we have been lucky enough to be given, even against our natural human Nature!
Then when we realize that, (through meditation and prayer), we come to love him even more, and more and more!
In short, the Creator who created the world (- the “WORD made flesh”) was the One who became a human being, came into the world that He had created, and paid the extreme price of death to atone for our short-comings, and then over came Death and the Evil One, so that we could live with Him, – and glorifying and praising Him, for the fullness of time.
We now understand that we can’t earn or work for our salvation, it is a divine gift that we can only accept by faith! Thus, keeping the 10 commandments, etc, is now seen as a way to say “thank you” to God (as we try to please God for our FREE Gift of Salvation).
The grace of God is a free gift from God, but to receive the gift, you must have open hands.
WHAT A GREAT SOLUTION to solve what appeared to be an impossible problem for God! That is, to allow the sinful Human Beings He had created but who had rebelled, to live with Him in His Glorious heavenly paradise for ever more!
This wonderful explanation was shared from, Arthur Pattison, a Presbyterian Minister in Ottawa.
DO YOU KNOW THE SIGNS?
Do you know what signs Jesus will be looking for to see if He recognizes you as one of His own?
- Have you sinned? Don’t think so? Ever told a lie, even a little white lie? Ever stolen something, even just a penny? Have you ever known it was right to do something, and then not done it?
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. You may be a good person, but even sinning just once (which we all have) we still fall short of the Glory of God, because God is without sin.
2. We still have hope: Now, we know that God isn’t going to let sin into heaven. But we just established that every single person on earth has sinned, this isn’t looking so good for you and me to get into heaven is it? But luckily for us, there’s good news.
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
3. You might be saying to yourself, “I don’t know how to accept Jesus as my savior or how to confess my sins.”
Have no fear. If you are ready today to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then pray with me by following the prayer below:
“Jesus, I know that I’m a sinner and that I need Your help to save my soul. I know that you are the Son of God, and I want to thank you for dying on the cross for me so that I don’t have to pay for my sins, and so that I can have eternal life through you. Please come into my heart Lord and save me. Please forgive me for my sins and help me to repent and be a better person for You. I love You, Lord, and thank You for Your sacrifice. In Your name Lord, amen.”
4. There is no guilt and no reason to feel guilty. The Bible says we are sinners by nature. God does not expect us to feel guilty. What he does want us to feel is love for Him. He wants us to be with us in heaven, which is why we must accept his Son.
5. Now why would God feel it is necessary to be saved? What is there to be saved from? Hell. Where is the opposite of hell after you die? Heaven. You are being saved from Hell.
6. After we are saved, there is a change that takes place within us… we should want to do things to please God, not disappoint Him. God does not expect you to lead a perfect life… he doesn’t. But when you are saved, there is a spiritual “rebirth”.
“If you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved from the punishment of sin.” Romans 10:9
JESUS WISHES TO SPEAK TO YOU.
The Road to Heaven
“Come to heaven My brother Melvin and all My brothers and sisters and enter by the narrow gate.
Many are trying to enter heaven by the wide gate and they are not able to do so. By the wide gate I mean those people who do not follow Me. They live in the world and forget all about heaven and the home of God. If you follow that way, I can tell you that you will not be able to enter.
By the narrow gate I mean those people who follow Me and live a holy life. They are not taken in by the attraction of the world such as plenty of food, alcohol, giving in to bodily attraction, being full of pride and wanting only to follow their own will.
However, those who follow Me love to pray, to read the Bible, and in doing so I will definitely give these people what they need. Come My friends and follow the narrow way and one day you will be in heaven with Me. I bless you all.”
The above messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
Fr. Melvin Doucette was ordained to the priesthood on and joined the Missionaries of Africa for 29 years in Africa. In contemplative prayer every morning, Fr. Doucette receives by interior locution “messages from heaven” to share with the public.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at the top of the page.