Are Mormons & Jehovah’s Witnesses really Christians?
Have you ever had a “Christian” missionary at your door? They assert that through their religion alone, God has restored the lost and corrupted elements of the Christian faith so that only those who practice their religion possess the purest form of Christianity.
The following Christian verses can be found in the Jehovah Witness NWT:
“There are some who are disturbing you and wish to pervert (distort) the gospel of Christ.
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach (to you) a gospel other than the one that we preached to you, let that one be accursed!
As we have said before, and now I say again, if anyone preaches to you a gospel other than the one that you received, let that one be accursed!
Now I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel preached by me is not of human origin.
For I did not receive it from a human being, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ. ” Letter to the Galatians 1:7-12
The Mormon religion (officially known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or LDS) and the Jehovah’s Witness organization (also known as the Watchtower) both share a common foundational doctrine: They claim that Christianity became corrupt at the death of the New Testament apostles.
Yet, they deny many of the doctrinal tenets of the original Christian faith:
- Those would masquerade as followers of Jesus Christ, He commanded us to test the “fruit” of religious teachers before embracing them into the fold.
- Many of the people involved in these groups are sincere and are often the nicest, moral people one will ever meet. Yet, if their doctrinal “fruit” fails the test, they will experience the spiritual destruction accorded to those who follow “false prophets.” “…the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail … and they that are led of them are destroyed.”—Isaiah 9:15-16, KJV and “let that one be accursed!” Galatians 1: 8
- Joseph Smith, Jr. (founder of the Mormon religion) claimed that in 1820, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him in a vision proclaiming that “all” the churches of Christianity were “wrong…that all their creeds were an abomination…that those professors were all corrupt….” (Joseph Smith—History 1:19). Likewise, Jehovah’s Witnesses have claimed that all of the churches of Christendom are part of false religious Babylon and that one must “come to Jehovah’s organization [i.e., the Watchtower] for salvation.”—The Watchtower, November 15, 1981, p. 21
Why would they be concerned about gaining converts out of Christianity, if they were honestly part of Christianity?
4. “And he said unto me: Behold there are save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil…”—1 Nephi 14:10
In this context, there is no question that the Book of Mormon is proclaiming that the churches of Christianity collectively comprise the “church of the devil.” In contrast to the claims of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons who insist that a restoration of true Christianity was needed as a result of a complete apostasy from the original faith.
Yet, Jesus proclaimed: “…I will build My church; and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it”. Matthew 16:18
Since Jesus promised to protect His Church, how could the Christian church have apostatized to the point of needing a new religion to be developed in order to restore it to the earth?
The Apostle Paul warned about those who would arise to draw disciples “after themselves” when he stated: “For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparking the flock; also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.”— Acts 20:29-31
Is Mormonism a Cult?
A CULT Defined: an organization subject to control of internal and external information, isolation from society, non-members and ex-members, who are considered unspiritual and even Satanic.
* Is your group secretive? [The Church Handbook is a carefully guarded secret. No one knows what goes on when General Authorities meet together and make decisions]
* Does your group withhold information from new converts?
[They don’t even hear that there was once a ban on the priesthood for Blacks. They don’t hear about the “we can become gods” thing.]
- * Does your group have a totalitarian structure: a strict, top-down centralized control?
- * Do members of your group feel specially chosen, superior, exclusive or elite?
- * Do you feel pressure to attend and participate in group meetings, events, lectures and seminars?
- *Do you feel guilty if you don’t attend?
- * Does your group criticize, shun, abandon or demean individuals who leave the group?
- * Are your leader’s ideas or belief system considered beyond reproach or sacred?
- * Do you follow an individual or belief system that requires unquestioning obedience and loyalty?
- * Do you rationalize whatever the group does, even when it goes against your sense of right and wrong?
- * Are doubts viewed as a lack of faith, dedication, commitment or disloyalty?
- * Do you often feel exhausted from lengthy group activities, meetings and projects?
- * Have you low self-esteem, poor self-image or loss of identity?
- * Do you feel isolated, lonely, guilty, cynical?
- * Do you feel you have nothing to believe in?
By the definition, the Mormon Church is undeniably a cult.
|GOD||*1 Eternal God (Isa 43:10-11; 44:6,8) in 3 Persons: Father– Phil 2:11, Son– John 1:1, Holy Spirit – Acts 5:3-4* Spirit Essence who fills Heaven and Earth is not a Man – John 4:24; 1 Kings 8:27; Hos 11:9||* 3 Separate Gods –Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by Joseph Fielding Smith, 1976, p. 370* God has not always been God. He is not a spirit but is an “exalted Man” pp. 345-346;||* Jesus is a lesser “god” under Jehovah the only true God. –
* Holy Spirit is not a person but is God’s “active force” –
|JESUS CHRIST||* The Eternal God the Son – John 1:1-3,18; Phil 2:5-9; John 20:28; Heb 1:8; Heb 7:3; Isa 9:6; John 8:58; Col 2:9; 2 Pet 1:1, Tit 2:13; John 5:18; 19:7* Creator God of “all things” including the angels and Lucifer – John 1:3; Col 1:15-17; John 8:23; Heb 1:5,13; 2:5,8; 4:16-17* Worshipped as God – Heb 1:6; John 5:23; 14:14; Rev 5:11-14* Resurrected as a man in His glorified physical body – John 2:18-22; Acts 17:31* His blood is sufficient to cover “all” sin including murder – Heb 7:25; 1 John 1:7,9; 1 Tim 1:13-15; c.f. Acts 8:1||* Jesus earned His godhood and salvation –Mormon Doctrine, McConkie, p. 129; Mortal Messiah, vol. 4, p. 434* Contended with Lucifer His “spirit brother” for the appointment as Savior – Gospel Principles, pp. 17-18* Certain sins for which Jesus’ blood cannot atone – including murder –Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, pp. 134-135||* A created angel who is “divine” as a “mighty god” next (but not equal to) Jehovah God –Reasoning from the Scriptures, pp. 212, 218* Jesus is not worthy of prayer or worship The Watchtower, Dec. 15, 1994, pp. 24-25* Resurrected as Michael the archangel in a non-human spirit body –You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, pp. 21, 144-145; The Kingdom Is At Hand, 1944, p. 258|
|GOSPEL||* Gospel = Death, Burial, Resurrection of Jesus Christ – 1 Cor 15:1-4* Free gift of Eternal Life by faith in Jesus Christ alone (apart from works of personal worthiness) – Rom 4:4-6; 6:23; 10:9; 11:6; Eph 2:8-10; Isa 64:6; Phil 3:9* Eternal Destiny in either Heaven or Hell – No Second Chance – Heb 9:27; Matt 25:46; Rev 20:12-15* Only a “few” will be “saved” – Matt 7:13-14* Spiritual authority for adoption out of Satan’s family into God’s family is given to “everyone” who believes (trusts) in Jesus Christ – 1 John 5:1; John 1:12||* Gospel = Faith in Jesus Christ + Works of obedience to LDS Gospel “laws” – The Miracle of Forgiveness, Spencer W Kimball, p. 6*All people (regardless of religion or lack of it) will be “saved” except for the few who leave Mormonism –Joseph Smith—John A Widtsoe, p. 178; Mormon Doctrine, p. 778, 351* Highest level of Salvation (i.e., Eternal Life) is only for those who do their part in working for their salvation – 2 Nephi 25:23,Book of Mormon; The Miracle of Forgiveness, p.206; Mormon Doctrine, p. 669||* Gospel = Faith in Jehovah God, Jesus Christ and the Watchtower Organization –The Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1983, p. 12* Faith in Jesus Christ + works are required to prove oneself worthy for the “reward” of Eternal Life –The Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1972, p. 492; Aug. 1, 1992, p. 17* Jesus’ mediatorship, heavenly life and New Covenant spiritual adoption as a child of God are only for 144,000 people– Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life, 1995, p. 88; Reasoning from the Scriptures,1989, p. 76|
|MAN||* Man is a creation of God whose “spirit” was formed “within” him – not in a spirit world – 1 Cor 15:46; Jn 8:23; Zech 12:1* Immediately upon death, the conscious soul/spirit of the Christian will dwell with God– 2 Cor 5:6-8; Phil 1:21-23; Rev 6:9-10||* Physical offspring of Celestial Parents – Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother – in a spirit world –Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, p. 97;Mormon Doctrine, p. 589* “We are gods in embryo” and “you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves…the same as all Gods have done before you.…” Teaching of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 345-346* Second chance in a “spirit prison” for those who haven’t heard the Mormon “gospel” –Gospel Principles,1992, p. 292||* The soul of man ceases to exist after death – no hell– Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life, pp. 81-85* Second chance in the resurrection for all to prove worthy of everlasting life. – Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life, pp. 87-88|
Most Jehovah’s Witnesses live in fear. They feel the obligation to perform: every minute of a Jehovah’s Witnesses life becomes legislated by the Watchtower organization as they strive to perform to its every rule and standard. Even viewing websites like ours or reading religious literature that is not approved by the Watchtower organization will end in a reprimand. Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses shun family members who leave?
Yet, the Bible teaches that a true Christian should not live in fear or guilt because there is “no condemnation” for those who are “in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1). So if a person is living under fear and guilt, he or she has not been perfected in the Love of God.
Watchtower organization is a mind-control organization.
Where do we go from here?
We should want to begin with prayer.
To begin with we ask if we could all agree that we are seeking the truth. We agree that the Bible is the final source of truth. But as the Bible teaches, it is healthy to “test everything“ (Acts 17:11; 1 Thessalonians 5:21). It is good to test each “religion” against actual Scripture.
The following Bible readings may sound different from Watchtower teaching. In fact, they may not necessarily be what the Watchtower organization says about the Bible.
You appreciate that you have been saved by God’s grace and not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9); that in spite of nobody being good enough to get to heaven (Romans 3:10) God in his mercy has chosen some since before the foundation of the world for salvation (Ephesians 1:4), that anyone who trusts in Jesus will never be put to shame (Romans 10:11), that there is no condemnation for those that are in Jesus Christ (Romans 8:1), that you know you will be with Jesus forever (John 14:1-6), and that you pray that you will find freedom in Christ.
John 10:30-33. This is another of Jesus’ many claims to be God. He, says, “I and the Father are One.“
1 John 5:1 is open to ‘whoever believes‘—and if the requirement for entering the kingdom of heaven is being ‘born of God‘ or ‘born again‘ as in John 3:5—then isn’t the kingdom of heaven open to ‘whoever believes’ and not just 144,000 people?”
What do you say to the fact that 4 of the 5 translators of the NWT had no Hebrew or Greek language training whatever, and the fifth Frederick Franz admitted in a court of law in 1954 that he could not read Hebrew?
“What would you do if you discovered that the Watchtower taught you differently from the Bible?”
You may already have limited yourself on a persistent refusal to study contrary views. In fact, you may not really be interested in spiritual truths or intellectual honesty for psychological reasons.
We understand and we pray that psychological control that you may be under be given a New Light!
MORMON CULTURE AND FAMILY
Christians do not want to destroy the Mormon way of life and replace it with Christian customs and Christian way of life. We realize that there may be a loss of one’s relationship with their family.
In the end, one’s conversion will benefit the whole family because of the gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance available. A prayer of deliverance (of evil spirits) will leave a Mormon member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple will bring about 80% healing, and the remaining healing will come about with a convert’s prayer of praise and thanksgiving. This healing comes through the Name of Jesus Christ and no other god or deity. This should be proof enough of the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN’ T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world’s largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
“If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool”. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.