EMBRACING THE CHALLENGE OF AGING
Waiting patiently in expectation does not necessarily get easier as we become older. On the contrary, as we grow in age we are tempted to settle down in a routine way of living and say: "Well, I have seen it all. ... There is nothing new under the sun. ... I am just going to take it easy and take the days as they come."
But in this way our lives lose their creative tension. We no longer expect something really new to happen. We become cynical or self-satisfied or simply bored. We have become couch Christians.
God is still writing your story.
Don't let go of your faith because of what you have yet to see.
The challenge of aging is waiting with an ever-greater patience and an ever- stronger expectation. It is living with an eager hope. It is the trusting that through Christ "we have been admitted into God's favor ... and look forward exultantly to God's glory" Romans 5:2
LIVING IN THE MOMENT
You may consider yourself a joyful, optimistic person, but joy is different from optimism. Optimism is an attitude that things will be better tomorrow. But joy doesn't depend on the ups and downs in life. Joy doesn't come and go with good or bad circumstances.
Joy is the gift of living in the presence of God. Joy is being steeped in a deep faith in God, knowing that his everlasting light will prevail. Today's or yesterday's or tomorrow's problems don't really matter, because God's love is stronger than all the optimism in the world.
Mindfulness is paying attention. It is noticing what you are doing, feeling and thinking at the time you are actually doing, feeling and thinking it. Because God is part of our everyday lives, paying attention to God and focusing on God’s kingdom is a fundamental practice of Christian mindfulness.
The secular, Westernized purpose of mindfulness meditation is to settle the busy-ness of random thoughts and overactive bodies, leading to a cognitive state in which the physical systems of the brain and body operate more efficiently and effectively.
LIFE IN GOD’S KINGDOM IS NOW
Given how our minds–and hearts–are prone to wander. God wants people to pay attention in the moment–to listen and watch, and then to act on what they heard and saw. Jesus asks, “Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don’t you remember?” Mark 8:17-18
God’s kind of remembering is not just nostalgic dreaming or remorseful musing. God-commanded remembering is a kind of present-directed mindfulness.
LIVING IN THE PRESENT MEANS TRUSTING IN GOD’S FUTURE
You cannot pay attention to the present if you’re worried about the future. “Don’t worry about your life, what you’ll eat or what you’ll drink, or about your body, what you’ll wear…. Who among you by worrying can add a single moment to your life?” Matthew 6:24, 27
Our future is assured, for God is in charge. When we trust that our future is taken care of, we can pay attention to what is happening in the present. For this reason, Christian mindfulness might be understood as present-moment living in the only eternal reality, which is God’s kingdom.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” Romans 12:2
Once you recognize that the pattern of this world is to multi-task, want for more, and regret what is lost, it’s easy to recognize that our new flow of life provides peace, which comes more easily.
SIMPLICITY OF PURPOSE
Jesus focused on one thing: the kingdom of God and God’s righteousness: “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. “Matthew 6:33 That focus shut out petty distractions, diminished worry, and opens you to whatever was happening around you at that moment. You can now trust that everything else is in God’s hands.
God’s kingdom isn't a future promise but a present reality. We are able to be fully engaged in “now”. Yes, heaven may be our ultimate goal, but we must not lose sight of the goal of experiencing joy at the present moment.
SOME PRACTICES TO TRY
What are some practices that contribute to mindfulness? Here are a few. Try them on for 30 days. Notice if anything changes about your approach to living.
- Do physical activities that absorb your attention. Using your body in ways that fully engage your mind retrains your mind. Make even a little regular time for crafts, sports, cleaning, bathing, eating something truly delicious, or whatever it is that you love that uses your body or entices your senses so thoroughly that time passes without your noticing. Avoid activities that merely engage (or distract) your mind: it’s your mind you’re trying to retrain by using your body.
- Set an alarm to think about God. There are a number of classic spiritual practices that create regular times to think about God. When it rings, take that moment to “set your mind on things above” Colossians 3:2. Do this several times each day.
- Christian meditation can be as simple as sitting still for ten minutes, breathing easily, and repeating a line of Scripture. Good phrases for this kind of meditation are “Maranatha” (Come, O Lord) and “Be still and know that I am God.” (a breathe prayer) This kind of meditation renews both our minds and our spirits. It provides a centeredness that helps us listen for God. It also trains us over time to release all the distracting thoughts that occur to us during the average day and refocus on what matters.
IT'S TIME TO TAKE A MOMENT JUST FOR YOU!
Test me, Lord, and try me; “examine my heart and my mind; for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.” Psalm 26:2-3
JESUS WISHES TO SPEAK TO YOU
Peace, the Great Gift from My Heart
“I love you.
I give you My peace. All of you who are My friends, I fill you with peace, the great gift from My heart. Many people these days experience the scourge of war and division. These come from the evil one who is the author of suffering and death. I bring peace to your heart, to your families, to your communities and your nations. Will you continue to have peace if you live apart from Me and follow the ways of the world?
My people how can I protect you if you live in sin, if you ignore Me your Savior? Many are walking a dangerous road. I am calling you all to return to Me.
Acknowledge Me as your Savior and begin a strong relationship with Me. Enter My Kingdom and be an active member of it. Belong to My Church and be reconciled with your Father. Reform your life by doing good and avoiding evil.
My dear friend, work and pray for the conversion of the world so that the hearts of the people may turn to Me.
Darkness is invading the world because of unbelief and sin. Pray that My light may penetrate the darkness and peace may return. I bless you all."
The above messages came to Father Melvin Doucette:
Fr. Melvin Doucette was ordained to the priesthood on and joined the Missionaries of Africa for 29 years in Africa. In contemplative prayer every morning, Fr. Doucette receives by interior locution “messages from heaven” to share with the public.
God divinely inspired the BIBLE . How do we know? Each of eight accurate predictions show a high probability mathematically. The probability of one individual fulfilling eight prophecies have odds of 1 in 10 17 (1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000). Jesus Christ fulfilled all prophecies, therefore the Bible MUST BE TRUE.
The Old Testament indicates another 40 astonishing predictions.
Christianity experiences stunning growth—from approximately 3.8 million adherents in China in 1956 to an estimated 87 to 100 million Christians today.
In the end, one Christian conversion will benefit the whole family. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of healing and deliverance will help the whole family. A prayer of deliverance of evil spirits will leave any member of the family with a complete sense of peace immediately. A prayer of healing from a Christian disciple produces 80% healing. The remaining healing comes from continued prayer of praise and thanksgiving until all the healing is complete. This healing comes from the Holy Spirit through the power in the Name of Jesus Christ. No other god or deity or doctor uses this power. This proves the TRUTH OF CHRISTIANITY.
BILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS CAN' T ALL BE WRONG!
Christianity is not a philosophy, but it is a relationship with God, your Creator, in Christ TODAY. It is not knowledge of abstract principles. How do we know this? Healing takes place TODAY in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Many Christian disciples use the gift of healing. They also use deliverance to deliver away evil spirits influencing people. These evil spirits cause depression, addictions and illness through all forms of stress. Only the Name of Jesus Christ makes healing and deliverance possible.
HOW IS JESUS STILL ALIVE TODAY?
Jesus is alive today! He heals today (through His followers) and in many cases it is realized immediately. How else can you explain the explosion of Christianity, the world's largest religion, on earth: 2.2 billion adherents, nearly a third (31 percent) of all 6.9 billion people on Earth.
Christians know and feel His Presence; they communicate with Him personally; Christian prayers are always answered.
This author has been given the Gift of Healing only because he is a Christian Lay Missionary, who travels two to three places every year. On his last trip to Columbia he successfully transferred his Gift to his Spanish translators, who were able to heal as he did. He has healed Muslims to their great surprise.
He also delivers away evil spirits along with their healing. All those who are delivered from evil spirits feel a complete physical sense of peace.
DREAMS AND VISIONS
God can give a message to those non-Christians to change their heart. God knows faith will be developed eventually. God will come to you in the form of dreams or visions. So be sensitive to any dreams or visions, when you ask God for it earnestly.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I live a clean life!” Christians whisper “I feel lost, but now God found me and God forgives me.”
- Christians don’t speak with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they try to be strong because they need strength.
- Christians don’t brag about success, but they admit that they fail and they need God to clean the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect, but God still believes in them.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain. They have their share of headaches but they still call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than others. They are simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will begin. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name." Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas who was justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, "I do not condemn you"? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost, like you.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool". Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to a Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading a short biography of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. He will defend you from attacks of the enemy when you ask Him.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don't be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God's Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let's Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God's Law
- God Wants You!
- God's Will for YOU
- I Can't Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com
Please send this document to others who speak different languages. Ask them to click on the application called, “TRANSLATE TO SPREAD THE WORD!” at top of the page.