We are all spiritually powerless and not just those physically addicted to a substance Some Twelve Steppers settled for mere sobriety from a substance instead of a real transformation of the self.
Usually, there is little removal of most defects of character. We would rather be ruined than changed. Our inability to see our personal failures is paralleled by our need for deliverance. You cannot heal what you need delivered; what will remain in control of you is from within, festering and destroying you and those around you..
One can be laden with all sorts of addiction. These include: alcohol, cigarettes, masturbation just to add a few. These addictions must be dealt with on a spiritual level. There is a very close cause and effect related to alcoholics in need of deliverance.
WHAT IS DELIVERANCE?
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. We are told to “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Peter 5:8,9
All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ:” When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, ‘Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!’” Luke 10:17
DO YOU NEED DELIVERANCE?
To determine if you are in need of deliverance, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you continually argumentative or contrary–usually on the verge of anger?
- Are you violating, neglecting or causing pain in a relationship?
- Are you practicing sin and can’t seem to stop?
- Do you see a pattern of issues in your family, whether disease, poverty, anger, divorce, sexual perversion or other issues?
- You are sick all the time and the doctors find nothing wrong. You could be dealing with a spirit of infirmity?
- Are you having “spiritual” encounters, including recurring dreams/nightmares that you leave you fearful?
- Do you sometimes sense that the problem isn’t you, but rather something in you?
- Are you attracted to the occult. , e.g. Ouija Boards, Seance, Fortune Telling, Horoscopes, Hypnosis etc, or Witchcraft?
- Have you experienced traumatic events that have impacted your life negatively?
- Do you keep hitting the same wall.
Do you know an Alcoholic?
Do you know an alcoholic who is very much out of control and who has been saying many mean and hurtful things because he feels so bad about himself?
On one hand, Christians usually work through a substance abuse program to overcome addictions rather than cure them. There are some alcoholics whom Alcoholics Anonymous cannot seem to change, they seem truly to NOT WANT to change: demonic forces are at play here!
On the other hand, God can heal anything completely. While A.A. may be of some Help, Jesus Christ is the ultimate help, for He is able to give complete deliverance from the bondage of alcohol. Deliverance from alcohol can be yours–but only in Christ!
Because addiction is an evil spirit, the Spirit of God can expel it, if the recipient is willing to receive deliverance. The evil spirit of alcohol has to bow to the name of Jesus, and the blood of Jesus can wash away any sin. Then, if someone was totally cured of an addiction, they wouldn’t have to attend such groups for the rest of their life to stay clean.
If you are not yet a born-again Christian, ask God to forgive you, save you and fill you with the Holy Spirit. “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9
Then one must follow the principle of praise and thanksgiving to replace the evil spirits of alcohol. “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that confess his name” Hebrews 13:15.
It is important to change your perspective from yourself to God, and from the drink to God. Praise God the Problem-solver rather than the problem. Your attention will not be on honoring the “sin of drinking”. Your attention will be on God: you begin to honor Him. “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” Hebrews 12:2.
You need to modify and change your lifestyle. The Bible speaks of
“being transformed by the renewing of your mind” Romans 12:2
An unforgiven, unclean drunkard cannot inherit the Kingdom of God: “nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God”. 1 Corinthians 6:10
Drink up! – No, it’s not what you think. I am not advocating drinking – just a different kind of drinking. God’s kind of drinking! Isaiah 55 is one of my five chapters in Isaiah. “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, but wine and milk without money and without cost.”
THE DISCIPLE OF HEALING
The disciple of healing who has been given the gift of healing is only a catalyst. The real healing takes place by God, the Father through the power of the Holy Spirit in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Faith is a very important ingredient. After receiving a prayer of healing, you must pray:” Lord Jesus, I love You; I believe in You; I trust You: I thank You and praise You for Your healing. Thank you, Lord.” This prayer must be said anytime you are thinking of it (a minimum of once a day) and until all the healing has taken place.
Prayer of Deliverance
The short form is “In the name of Our Lord Jesus, I bind and deliver the evil spirits of … to go to the abyss.” This is said for each individual evil spirit.
The following prayer can be done together: the person to be delivered must also pray during “OUR PART“: “Come, Holy Spirit, Come” or “Come, Lord Jesus, Come” silently.
Your Christian friend will command these spirits to go back where they came from (the abyss) to be soon replaced with the Love and Blessing of the Lord: Free in Jesus
The void that that takes place brings a complete sense of peace, and you will now be free in Jesus.
(In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command all evil spirits influencing you now, as you read this, to be quiet and not to give you any evil thoughts. This I command in the Name of Jesus.)
If you don’t believe this, try it and see for yourself. You will definitely know in three minutes that a physical change has taken place.
The person delivered must now thank God for the spiritual healing every day until the total deliverance has taken place and to thank Him whenever he or she thinks about it. One must soak oneself in God’s love by reading the Bible: the short gospel of Luke for beginners and later the gospels of John.
The delivered person does not want to ever go back to the ever pervading influence of evil spirits. It is very important to connect with a Bible-oriented church.
This same prayer of deliverance can be used to exhort evil influences on members of your family by name in the same manner with you as the intercessor and with your prayerful Christian. They should be made aware of your prayer as a gentle mention that you have prayed for them so they can become more sensitized to God’s Love.
This prayer of deliverance can be printed, quartered and kept in your wallet.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to Luke and then John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com