ADDICTION AND DELIVERANCE
One can be laden with all sorts of addiction. These include: alcohol, cigarettes, masturbation just to add a few. This addiction must be dealt with on a spiritual level. Casting out demons is the only way to get rid of these demons that drive the person to do these things in the first place. The demons will hook themselves to a person’s flesh and mind. Deliverance WILL be needed.
WHAT IS DELIVERANCE?
Deliverance is defined as “a rescue from bondage or danger.” Deliverance is often sought from evil spirits or the spirit of lust, jealousy, etc. We are told to “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Peter 5:8,9
All aspects of deliverance are available only through the person and work of Jesus Christ:” When the seventy-two disciples returned, they joyfully reported to him, ‘Lord, even the demons obey us when we use your name!’” Luke 10:17
DO YOU NEED DELIVERANCE?
To determine if you are in need of deliverance, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you continually argumentative or contrary–usually on the verge of anger?
- Are you violating, neglecting or causing pain in a relationship?
- Are you practicing sin and can’t seem to stop?
- Do you see a pattern of issues in your family, whether disease, poverty, anger, divorce, sexual perversion or other issues?
- You are sick all the time and the doctors find nothing wrong. You could be dealing with a spirit of infirmity?
- Are you having “spiritual” encounters, including recurring dreams/nightmares that you leave you fearful?
- Do you sometimes sense that the problem isn’t you, but rather something in you?
- Are you attracted to the occult. , e.g. Ouija Boards, Seance, Fortune Telling, Horoscopes, Hypnosis etc, or Witchcraft?
- Have you experienced traumatic events that have impacted your life negatively?
- Do you keep hitting the same wall.
One minister of healing had a record of 70% recovery of drug addiction, compared to 5% by the public health system, simply by this form of healing ministry. We are dealing with desperate people who need help right now; they don’t want a sermon about the hereafter. What willpower cannot accomplish, Christ’s healing power can and does.
The Bible talks about the flesh, also known as the “Old Man”: the part of the person that is rebellious and wants to do its own will rather than the will of God and is open to be influenced by the Devil. “Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walk about, seeking whom he may devour.” 1 Peter 5:8.
“For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.” 1 John 2:16
Ask the Lord what caused this addiction. This will help you to solve the mystery of this problem. Addiction often has its origin
The work of demonic powers is often present in cases of addiction. Our struggle is with evil powers. Drugs and alcohol are a demonic doorway to the supernatural world. When you use it, you enter a dark world of destruction, depression, anxiety, confusion, and restlessness.
The demons will hook themselves to a person’s flesh and mind. Deliverance WILL be needed.
Overdoses involving prescription painkillers are at epidemic levels and now kill more Americans than heroin and cocaine combined.
The number of people killed by drug poisoning, driven by large increases of painkiller abuse, surpassed motor vehicle fatalities for the first time.
Oxycontin, formally known as Percodan, allows the time released capsules to be absorbed all at once!
Oxycodone or Oxycontin kills the pain. It also kill the joy, the hope, the body and the brain and finally the SOUL! Again spiritual deliverance is really the only solution through the Blood of Christ.
Cigarette and Drug Bust
Smokers already know that smoking adversely affects virtually every organic system of the human body and bodily function. The smoker opens the door to the spirit of self destruction and commits “slow-suicide”. The heart and blood are affected. The eyes and nasal passages are inflamed and burned. The respiratory system easily falls prey to emphysema and asthma. Tobacco, nicotine and smoking attack and break down immune systems so cancers can develop unrestricted. Common to smokers are lung cancer, throat cancer and lip cancer.
We are responsible to God for the care of our body. We are held responsible by God, for the care and use of our physical body. states: “What? Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own. “ 1 Corinthians 6:19
We open ourselves to our physical destruction: “If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.” 1 Corinthians 3:17
A person who has the smoking habit, in honesty, must label themselves an “addict”.
Smoking and drugs has demonic connections, which is why it is so hard to stop on your own. To receive complete freedom from tobacco or drug bondage, the believer must see his “habit” or being “hooked” as a spiritually rooted problem. This is also true of alcoholism.
Smoking and drugs are an evil spirit with no positive characteristics. So, a person bound by this spirit will have unnatural habits, compulsions, and cravings. The demon is causing such a person severe emotional, mental, or even physical distress.
So if you have this demon telling you that you are just worthless, useless and a slob, and that God will never love or accept someone disgusting like you, then know that this demon is LYING.
One will use smoking as a way to mask one’s problems and as an escape. At first, smoking or drugs will make one happy for a time, but the happiness will go away.
Then, the smoking will not make one happy, but one will continue to smoke or take drugs anyway chasing the happiness that it USED to give him or her. One knows nothing else to do and one cannot control oneself. Whenever such a person is sad, lonely, nervous, stressed out, fearful, is having financial/health/relationship problems, this addiction will be the refuge.
These are real people under demonic oppression, and they are in real pain! Some of these people commit suicide, and if it is not by using a gun it is just by smoking or drugging themselves to death.
The question is how does this spirit enter. Most evil spirits enter as a result of a reaction to a person being wounded, neglected, or harmed emotionally or mentally in some way. A teenager, for instance, may suffer a great loss, and resort to drugs in order to cope with the grief, make it go away. Someone being abused or molested may do the same.
The demons, which cause the gaping wound, unresolved issue, or unmet need must be delivered. Once these demons are delivered, it is done in heaven! Of course, such a person will need not only spiritual deliverance, but a complete and total change in their lifestyle and the way that they look at life.
This person is still at risk for allowing the demon to re-enter. The way to overcome it is to remember Bible verses such as “perfect love casts out fear” and “God has not given us the spirit of fear but of a sound mind”. One must thank and praise God for His healing of one’s problem. One must replace the evil spirit with the spirit of love by reading the gospel according to John. Read the same verses in the morning as you read in the evening before going to bed. It is all about love and you will love it.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. “ Ephesians 6:12
Total victory over addiction can be seen as having four aspects: Your own will, counseling and deliverance for your soul and spiritual reinforcement.
- Your own will You must make a serious commitment to be free. “Slaves who love their chains can never be free”. God will enhance your will to do his will.
- Some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus?
Start by reading the Gospel according to Luke: it is only 7% of the New Testament of the Bible. It explains most of the story of Jesus on earth. Next, read the Bible according to John. It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before bed and the same ones in the morning upon arising.
There is a true story of a missionary who had been an invalid for eight years. Constantly she had prayed that God would make her well so that she might do His work. Finally, worn out with futile petition, she prayed, “All right. I give up. If You want me to be an invalid, that’s Your business. Anyway, I want You even more than I want health. You decide.” In two weeks the woman was out of bed, completely well.
You will find yourself closer to God, with your heart and mind more focused on your personal relationship with Our Lord than ever before, when you say this prayer:
A Prayer of Abandonment
My Lord God,
I abandon myself into Your hands;
do with me what You will.
Whatever You may do, I thank You:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Into Your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to You
with all the love of my heart,
for I love You, Lord,
So I abandon myself forever to Your arms.
and I will blindly follow You
according to Your Divine Will,
DELIVERANCE AND EXORCISM
Exorcism is exercised in case of possession, while deliverance deals with the influences that are not full possession. There are very few cases of possession as compared to ever pervading influence of different kinds of evil spirits affecting many people.
“The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the Lord your God has not permitted you to do so. The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.” Deuteronomy 18:9-15
“That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth” Philippians 2:10 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me Luke 4:18 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
These evil spirits are legalistic and they must be delivered in the Name of Jesus Christ by their function, otherwise the specific spirit would simply say “they are not talking to me” and they will stay.
WHO HAS THE AUTHORITY TO DELIVER EVIL INFLUENCES A faithful Christian who is sinless: otherwise the evil spirits will just laugh at one’s sins.
The person being delivered does not have to be Christian. In fact, if you are a die-hard Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist or any other religion you are in for a big surprise. You will only know by trying it: you have every thing to gain and nothing to lose.
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Luke 10:19 “The one who does what is sinful is of the devil … The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.” 1 John 3:8 In the Name of Jesus Christ, you can take authority over all evil influences and break these influences over your life. This is accomplished together with one other Christian who is of God or is very close to God.
HOW DO YOU KNOW A DELIVERANCE HAS TAKEN PLACE?There is a definite sense of peace, which envelopes over the one being delivered. You definitely know something has happened.
Then comes Deliverance!!!
You may be wrapped up in a prickly blanket of sadness, you may be depressed, stressed or anxious, but it isn’t your fault.
You can help yourself more than anyone. The evil influence on you can be defeated through Jesus, the Source of strength. “Every knee will bend before Me” Romans 14:11 That includes all evil spirits influencing you.
HERE IS THAT WONDERFUL PROMISE:
To our friends who are Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, Taoist, Mormon or Jehovah Witness:
To our knowledge, there is no one in your religious belief that can bind and deliver demonic spirits. There is a reason for this: demonic attacks are warded off in Jesus’ Name. It requires a bible oriented Christian to do the deliverance. You still can be delivered from your attacks, but it needs that all important Christian to command all evil spirits to go to Jesus Christ who will dispose of them according to His Will and to never return .
The person praying for deliverance must be free of sin otherwise the devil will just laugh.
Prayer of Deliverance
The short form is “In the name of Our Lord Jesus, I bind and deliver the evil spirits of … to go to the abyss.” This is said for each individual evil spirit.
The following prayer can be done together: the person to be delivered must also pray during “OUR PART“: “Come, Holy Spirit, Come” or “Come, Lord Jesus, Come” silently.
Your Christian friend will command these spirits to go back where they came from (the abyss) to be soon replaced with the Love and Blessing of the Lord: Free in Jesus.
The void that that takes place brings a complete sense of peace, and you will now be free in Jesus.
(In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I command all evil spirits influencing you now, as you read this, to be quiet and not to give you any evil thoughts. This I command in the Name of Jesus.)
If you don’t believe this, try it and see for yourself. You will definitely know in three minutes that a physical change has taken place.
The person delivered must now thank God for the spiritual healing every day until the total deliverance has taken place and to thank Him whenever he or she thinks about it. One must soak oneself in God’s love by reading the Bible: the short gospel of Luke for beginners and later the gospels of John.
The delivered person does not want to ever go back to the ever pervading influence of evil spirits. It is very important to connect with a Bible-oriented church.
This same prayer of deliverance can be used to exhort evil influences on members of your family by name in the same manner with you as the intercessor and with your prayerful Christian. They should be made aware of your prayer as a gentle mention that you have prayed for them so they can become more sensitized to God’s Love.
This prayer of deliverance can be printed, quartered and kept in your wallet.
HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
- Christians don’t shout, “I am clean living!” They whisper “I was lost, but now I’m found and forgiven.”
- Christians don’t speak of this with pride. They confess that they stumble and need Christ to be their guide.
- Christians don’t say,” I’m strong.” They say they are trying to be strong because they are really weak and need strength.
- Christians don’t brag of success, but they admit that they are failing and they need God to clean up the mess.
- Christians don’t claim to be perfect. Their flaws are far too visible but God believes they are worth it.
- Christians still feel the sting of pain and they have their share of headaches but they call upon His Name.
- Christians are not holier than thou. They are also simple sinners who receive God’s unbelievable Grace.
Christianity on a Table Napkin:
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
God the Father will wipe every tear from our eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, crying out or pain. We will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is The Holy Spirit will have made all things new. Eternal joy will have begun. “For the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is His name.” Luke 1: 49
Are we not like Barabbas justly condemned for murder, but saved by the innocent Jesus on the cross? Are we not like the adulterous woman, deserving of death by stoning, to whom Jesus says, “I do not condemn you”? And Jesus saved them both. In fact, Jesus came to earth specifically to look for and save those who were lost.
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isaiah 1:18
You may need some counseling with a pastor, priest or competent Christian worker, who will introduce you to this Short Course on Who is Jesus? Start by reading the Gospel according to Luke and then John: It is all about love and you will love it. Read several verses before going to bed and read the same verse upon arising. Soaking yourself in the love of God defends you from attacks of the enemy.
Healing and Deliverance (Ctrl + Click to follow Link)
- Abuse and Trauma
- A Vision of Hell
- Breaking Free of Controlling Spirits
- Can a Smart Person believe in God
- Cigarette and Drug Bust
- Deliverance from Depression
- Deliverance from Drugs and Addiction
- Deliverance from Prison
- Deliverance PowerPoint
- Divine Healing
- Do you Know an Alcoholic?
- Don’t be Afraid of Fear
- Gluttony is Not Merely Overeating
- God’s Protection and Blessing
- Healing and Deliverance General Information
- Healing and Deliverance Instructions
- Healing Hands: Father Melvin Doucette
- Healing of Relationships
- How to Keep Your Healing Once you have Received it
- Insomnia and Deliverance
- Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida
- Joy and Sorrow
- Let’s Start
- Lust and its Brother Pornography
- Physical Healing
- Power of Healing
- Prisoner of Unforgiveness
- The Healing Power of Jesus
- The High Stakes of Gambling Addiction
- Three Ways of Self-Deliverance
- Ungodly Soul Ties
- Ungodly Superstitious Beliefs
- Your Part
Where do we go from here?
- 12 Functions of the Holy Spirit
- At the Name of Jesus every Knee should Bow
- Baptized in the Spirit: Being Born Again
- Born Again for Dummies
- Does God have a Special Place in His Heart for Canada?
- Embracing the Call
- From Sea to Sea: Nations keeping God’s Law
- God Wants You!
- God’s Will for YOU
- I Can’t Find God: an Anguish Cry!
- I Have a Right to my own Opinion
- Is there Life after Death?
- JESUS IS MY LORD
- Jesus Says to Come to Me – I Will Make You Happy.
- Joy and Sorrow
- Knowing God
- Life After Near-Death Experiences
- Life can be wonderful but brief
- Living in Glory
- Meditation and Contemplation
- Pathway to Holiness
- Release in the Spirit
- Something Wonderful is about to Happen!
- Spirituality for Dummies
- Suffering does not Rob you of Joy
- The Blood of Jesus Christ
- The Difference between Christianity
- The Faith Factor: We Cannot Please God without Faith:.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: the Principal Agent of Mission
- The Life and Person of the Holy Spirit
- The Name of Jesus
- The Million Dollar Question
- The Person and Work of The Holy Spirit
- THE PROPHETIC FULFILLMENT
- The Seven Words of Jesus on the Cross
- The Word of God
- Trauma and Abuse
- We Reap what We Sow
- Welcome to God
- What Does God Really Want?
- What does it mean to be HOLY?
- What Is the Difference Between Spirit and Soul?
- What’s Your SQ?
- Who Am I In Christ?
- Who do they say that I am?
- Why Pray?
- World Missions
- Would you like to be Baptized in the Holy Spirit?
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS:
- A Micro Hydro Electric System: no dams: HugENERGY.us
- An Irrigation System: NORTHydro.com
- A Rabbit and Fish Farm: AfriCAPITALISM.us
- An Agroforestry Intercrop System: LivingWaterIs.com
- The Charitable Arm: SunnyUp.net
- Living Water Micro Finance: LivingWaterMicroFinance.org
- Thunder of Justice: ThunderofJustice.com
- Deliverance Is: Deliveranceis.com